Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
December 28 is the birthday of People’s Artist of USSR and Azerbaijan, outstanding singer Zeynab Khanlarova.
Zeynab Khanlarova was born in Baku on December 28, 1936.
In 1956, Khanlarova graduated from Baku Pedagogical School named after M.A.Sabir. In 1961, she graduated from Baku Musical School named after Asaf Zeynalli (S.I.Shushinski’s class) and became a soloist of the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater.
Khanlarova played Leyli’s part in “Leyli and Majnun” opera, Asli’s part in “Asli and Karam” opera of Uzeyir Hajibeyov. Besides that, Khanlarova successfully performed Azerbaijani musical style – mugham. Her voice can be heard in such mugham compositions as “Shahnaz”, “Gatar”, “Bayati Shiraz” and in many others. Zeynab Khanlarova achieved a great success in estrada genre of music. Khanlarova’s repertoire includes songs of such composers as Tofig Guliyev, Arif Malikov, Alekper Taghiyev, Emin Sabitoglu, Gara Garayev, Fikret Amirov and many other famous composers.
Zeynab Khanlarova has been an artist of Azerbaijan Radio and Television Committee since 1958, prima soloist of the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater since 1961. She is the laureate of Azerbaijan SSR’s State Prize, All-Union Prize of “Gold Disk”. She is honorable citizen of Algeria and Uzbekistan. She was awarded with the title of honorary artist of Azerbaijan SSR in 1967, popular artists of Azerbaijan SSR in 1975, popular artists of USSR in 1980.
She was awarded with Order of Istiqlal (Independence), Order of “Shohrat” (Glory) and Heydar Aliyev Order. Zeynab Khanlarova was the deputy of Supreme Soviet of Azerbaijan SSR (XI-XII convocations).
She was elected as member of the Azerbaijani Parliament in several convocations and reelected in 2015.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Baku hosts photo exhibition of American photographer Edward Curtis
- 05.05.2018People’s Artist of Azerbaijan Fuad Poladov passes away
- 04.05.2018Roman Polanski and Bill Cosby expelled from film Academy
- 02.05.2018People’s artist Tokay Mammadov dies aged 91
- 26.03.2018“Layla and Majnun”: An Azerbaijani dance opera for the ages
- 16.03.2018Baku Media Center starts shooting for film dedicated to 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 14.03.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijan to mark Hasan Turabov’s 80th jubilee
- 05.03.2018Oscar winners 2018: The list
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away