Heydar Aliyev Foundation holds concert within Azerbaijan "National Day" in "Expo Milano 2015" - PHOTO
Baku – APA. The Azerbaijani artists performed in a "National Day" organized by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in Azerbaijani pavilion at the "Expo Milano 2015" International Exhibition, the Foundation told APA.
The concert to popularize the Azerbaijani culture to local residents and visitors of the pavilion from other countries started with performance of State Chamber Orchestra after Gara Garayev at the Auditorium Hall in "Expo Milano".
A concert by Azerbaijani Peoples Artists Azer Zeynalov, Samir Jafarov, Honorary Artists Afag Abbasova, Nigar Shabanova and young violinist Elvin Ganiyev was conducted by People's Artist of Azerbaijan Teymour Goychayev.
A grandiose presentation of national rhythms has been held in Azerbaijani national pavilion with the performance of Natig rhythm group.
The Azerbaijani State Dance Group headed by people's Artist Afag Melikova performed at the event. The Azerbaijani music and dances aroused keen interest among the visitors of the pavilion. The visitors also viewed Azerbaijani athletes show.
The pavilion also featured presentation of national cuisine and mugham music. Azerbaijani Mugham singers Arzu Aliyeva and Ilkin Ahmadov performed Azerbaijani national music mugham which was entered to UNESCO`s Intangible Cultural Heritage List.
An IDEA – Biodiversity Park, created in the yard of the national pavilion features information about the activity of the IDEA - International Dialogue for Environmental Action, various environmental projects and programs of entertainment. The monitor in the IDEA – Biodiversity Park demonstrated the video about Azerbaijan, as well as the first European Games hosted by the country.
The event brought together Executive Director of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Anar Alakbarov, as well as attendees of other countries` pavilions representing in Expo Milano 2015, public figures of Italy.
Held under the motto Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life, Expo Milano brought together 140 countries, only 54 out of them represented by their national pavilions.
Azerbaijan is represented at the Milan Expo 2015 with organization of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. With area of 1800 square meters, the Pavilion presents Azerbaijan's ancient history and deeply-rooted cultural heritage along with the rich environment, energy resources and unique biodiversity the country is widely recognized. With its extarordinary concept and design, the Pavilion is to host a variety of presentations.
According to the Organizing Committee, Azerbaijan was among the first countries to meet the requirements set forth to the participating states since the initial phases of the preparation to the Milan Expo 2015, as well as in terms of presentation of the Pavilion's format and content.
The foreign media and leading Italian channels named Azerbaijan as the leader for the National Pavilion's construction and design. A number of national official delegations and the management of the Exposition emphasized a very specific concept of the Azerbaijani pavilion and its full relevance to the selected theme that makes it really stand out among the others.
"Expo Milano 2015" international exhibition is underway since May 1. This year’s exhibition, which is being organized under motto "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life" brings together 145 countries. Only 54 of them, including Azerbaijan are being represented by national pavilions. Other countries have just stands. The exhibition will end on October 31.
The world "Expo" exhibition is famous for the number of visitors and its scale. More than 11 million tickets were sold until May 1 - the start of this year’s exhibition, which organized in Milan. Since May 1, more than a million guests have visited Azerbaijan’s national pavilion.
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 10.07.2015Omar Sharif dead at 83
- 07.08.2015Baku hosting photo exhibition dedicated to Russia-Georgia War
- 08.08.2015Huseyn Javid’s "Sheikh Sanan" to be staged for the first time in Georgian
- 06.07.20156th International Musical Festival “Silk Road” ends in Shaki
- 05.06.2015Baku 2015 chocolate tableau presented - PHOTO
- 02.06.2015French composer’s work “Khojaly 613” to be performed in Baku
Top news of the day