Khojaly massacre documentary ‘Endless Corridor’ wins Humanitarian Award from Global Film Awards
The Global Film Awards is a family of four unique film award competitions (Accolade Global Film Competition, Best Shorts Competition, IndieFEST Film Awards and IMPACT DOCS Awards ) honoring outstanding achievements in film, television, video and new media for over 11 years. Attracting both powerhouse companies and budding filmmakers, these are exceptional, truly international awards competitions, not traditional film festivals – which allows filmmakers from around the world to enter their films in these prestigious competitions. The competitions share administrative staff but the judging is finalized by separate teams of industry award-winning professionals and is independent for each competition. Among the winners of 2015 are the films produced in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Lithuania, Germany, Spain, Taiwan, Holland, India, Ireland and Australia.
The goal of the Humanitarian Award is to honor filmmakers who are bringing awareness to issues of Ecological, Political, Social Justice, Health and Wellness, Animals, Wildlife, Conservation and Spiritual importance. The competition has been holding for over 11 years. The list of Humanitarian Award-winning films for 2015 is available at: http://globalfilmawards.com/about-global-film-awards.
Presentation of the documentary “Endless Corridor” took place in the cities of Istanbul, Ankara, Rome, Vilnius, London, Dublin, Berlin, Bern and Luxembourg in February 2015 within the framework of the promotion campaign “Justice for Khojaly”. Shot in English, the documentary was translated into Azerbaijani, Turkish, French, Italian, German and Arabian on the initiative of vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva. The film was also shown on Turkey’s “Kanal 24”, “CNN Turk”, Israel’s “Channel 1” TV channels, and Albania’s National Television.
The film’s premiere took place on 1 July 2014 at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), London. Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attended the event. The documentary “Endless Corridor” was shot by producers Aleksandras Brokas (Lithuania) and prestigious “Grammy Award” winner Gerald Rafshoon (USA)”. The film was voiced by a British actor, BAFTA award winner Jeremy Irons.
The film has been built on the basis of memoirs filmed at meetings, 20 years later, of Lithuanian correspondent Richard Lapaitis - an eyewitness of Khojaly horrors - with witnesses that fled from the genocide, and with people that were directly involved, from the Armenian side, in the organization of the massacre. There are plots in the film on the significance of Karabakh for Azerbaijan’s history and culture. New facts related to the Khojaly massacre, so far unknown, documents and video films and photo materials once shot are referred to in the film, and true facts about the genocide are conveyed to spectators in an effective way.
Related news releases
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 08.02.2016World premiere of Firangiz Alizadeh’s work held in San Francisco
- 18.02.2016Play “Red Angel in Khojaly” on Khojaly genocide to be premiered in Baku
- 25.02.2016Azerbaijani people's artist Ilhama Guliyeva dies
- 04.02.2016Pierre Richard: When people ask me about Baku, my thoughts always go back to friendly people I met there
- 29.01.2016US hosts premiere of film "Ali and Nino"
- 06.01.2016New director of Azerbaijan Academic National Drama Theatre named