Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
The XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival continues in Gabala, APA reports.
The festival with the participation of well-known performers and humorists from the CIS countries cauesed great interest of local and foreign spectators.
In accordance with the program of the festival, solo concert of an outstanding actor and singer, People's Artist of Georgia Vakhtang Kikabidze was held. Before the concert, which took place on January 9 in the Heydar Aliyev congress center, Vakhtang Kikabidze shared his impressions of the beauties of Gabala, noting that he is proud of his performance in Azerbaijan to local and foreign audiences. Then he performed his hits - "My years, my wealth", songs from the film "Mimino", telling the audience about the history of each of them, also performed new songs.
V.Kikabidze reminded that he had twice performed with a concert in Baku. According to him, he visited Gabala for the first time and, in general, very fond of Azerbaijan. The artist noted that he was amazed by the kindness of local people and the beauties of the region.
Returning to the stage for stormy applause of spectators, V. Kikabidze completed the performance of the "Caucasian potpourri", which included the Azerbaijani folk song "Beri Bach". He congratulated the audience on the New Year, wished everyone love and happiness.
In conclusion, the famous Georgian singer Nuza Buzaladze performed songs in Azerbaijani, Russian, English, Georgian and Turkish. He also brilliantly performed Polad Bulbuloglu's song "Shan Azerbaijan". Then the Georgian group Mgzavrebi acted.
Note that the 12th International Humorous Festival "Veselo" is held from 4 to 10 January in Gabala with the joint organizational support of LLC Gilan Hospitality and the tourism company of Ukraine CITA.
Information support for the International Veselo Humour and Music Festival is provided by APA Holdinq.
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku