Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
Some state and private companies of Azerbaijan have denied reports of their participation in the 3rd International Economic Forum held in Crimea’s Yalta city and the initiation of investigative actions against them.
In response to the inquiry of APA-Economics, chairman of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA) Zakir Nuriyev noted that information about the association’s participation in the 3rd International Economic Forum held in Yalta is untrue.
"The Prosecutor General's Office of Azerbaijan sent a request to the association. Representatives of this association did not participate in the 3rd International Economic Forum. In this regard, the association has sent a response to the Prosecutor General's Office," he said.
The International Bank of Azerbaijan also denied information on the participation of its representatives in the Forum.
The bank’s press service told APA-Economics that IBA was not represented in this forum. In its statement, the bank noted that according to the decree of the Azerbaijani president, the IBA is currently focused on improving the bank and that participation in such forums was not planned.
Azersun Holding spokesperson Afiq Safarov told APA-Economics that company representatives did not participate in the Yalta economic forum.
“This is misinformation. Ukraine’s prosecutor’s office has not opened any criminal case against us for not participating in the forum,” said Safarov.
Azerkosmos OJSC also told APA-Economics that its representatives did not participate in the Yalta economic forum.
“This information does not reflect the reality. No representative of Azerkosmos OJSC participated in the 3rd International Economic Forum,” said the statement.
SOCAR press secretary Nizameddin Guliyev also told APA-Economics that the company’s representatives did not participate in the forum.
Ministry of Economy press secretary Abbas Aliyev told APA-Economics that Azerbaijan’s trade representative in Russia did not participate in the forum.
Earlier some media outlets reported that upon the request of Ukraine’s Security Service, the country’s Prosecutor General’s Office launched investigative actions against participants of the 3rd International Economic Forum in Yalta city of the Crimean region, annexed by Russia.
Forum participants are accused of grossly violating the rules of entry into Ukraine’s occupied territories.
Among the participants were delegates from 17 large state and private companies of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”
- 17.04.2017Big sale networks should be invited to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017Arms trade already brings large amount of currency to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017“Made in Azerbaijan” brand already famous in world – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan increases non-oil export – president
- 13.04.2017Trump's message to bankers: Wall Street reform rules may be eliminated
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan gives investment promotion certificate to 121 projects
- 11.04.2017Tesla becomes most valuable U.S. car maker, edges out GM
- 08.04.2017Ambassador: Any violation of Azerbaijani businessmen’s rights to draw immediate reaction
- 08.04.2017Deputy PM: Creation of Food Safety Agency aims to eliminate problems in Azerbaijan’s food safety system
- 06.04.2017US: Fed divided on fiscal stimulus effect on growth
- 28.03.2017Highest development indicators in world scale are in Azerbaijan – president
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan referred to as exemplary country in combating unemployment - president
- 28.03.2017Entrepreneurs should be active, get access to new markets – president
- 17.03.2017CIS Economic Council developing concept of gradual formation of common labor market
- 14.03.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.6% last month
- 03.03.2017Mercedes recalls 354,000 vehicles in US
- 02.03.2017Five Azerbaijanis among Russia’s richest people
- 22.02.2017Baku Business Factory and TransTech Capital sign MoU
- 14.02.2017Ministry of Economy warns economic entities
- 02.02.2017Google becomes world's most valuable brand
- 01.02.2017State duty for granting of licenses for mobile services to make up AZN 1M
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani businessmen – king of Russia’s real property
- 18.01.2017President: Azerbaijan entered a new stage of development - UPDATED
- 16.01.2017Oil price rise will cause Turkey to increase export to Azerbaijan - International Transporters' Association
- 11.01.2017BMW goes to law for declaring Telman Ismayilov’s son bankrupt
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani billionaire earns $1.8B after Trump’s victory
- 28.12.2016Sumgayit Superfosfat OJSC owes AZN 3M
- 20.12.2016Tax amnesty to concern 45,000 taxpayers - UPDATED
- 20.12.2016Committee chairman: Tax amnesty to leave AZN 600M to entrepreneurs
- 19.12.2016Azerbaijan may launch tax amnesty - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.12.2016Amount of money Donald Trump received from branding deal in Baku announced
- 09.12.2016Iraqi businessmen intend to invest in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2017Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level