Tax amnesty to concern 45,000 taxpayers - UPDATED
“The tax debts are divided into two parts. First - writing off the interests calculated due to the unpaid taxes. Second – writing off the financial sanctions. Firstly, I’s like note that it’s offered to write off calculated interests as of January 1, 2017. Depending on the structure of financial sanctions, the financial sanctions provided in the article #58.7 of the Tax Code, which are considered for violation of rules on cash operations, are planned to be written off regardless amount. At the same time, the financial sanctions provided in the article #58 and other articles of the Tax Code are planned to be written off in a certain succession”.
Shirinov added that the draft law will concern 44,704 taxpayers, of which 1,037 are in state sector, 43,667 in non-state sector: “By writing off the interests, totally AZN 386.4 million will be written off. Of this, AZN 125.5 million belongs to state sector, AZN 260.9 million to non-state sector. At the same time, AZN 3 million of financial sanctions of 6,304 taxpayers on violation of rules on cash operations is planned to be written off as of January 1, 2017. Regarding writing off other financial sanctions, by writing off financial sanctions which are adequate to their payments in January, February and March, AZN 234 million of 13,780 taxpayers will be written off. So, this draft law will write off AZN 624 million of 44,704 taxpayers. We think this will serve increase of economic activity of the taxpayers. Moreover, by writing off the interest amounts, AZN 288.3 million will be written off in Baku, AZN 98 million in the regions. Regarding financial sanctions, AZN 138.5 million will be written off in Baku, AZN 98.5 million in the regions”.
Among the 7 large taxpayers, Azersu’s has interest debt of AZN 20.8 million and financial sanction of AZN 2 million.
As of December 1, 2016, total tax debts of taxpayers make up AZN 1,527,000,000, of which AZN 904.3 million is main tax debt, AZN 237.1 million financial sanctions, AZN 386.4 million interest debts. If the draft law is adopted, the tax payers’ debt will decline to AZN 904 million.
Today, the draft law on “Regulation of tax debts of taxpayers as of January 1, 2017“ has been discussed at the Standing Commission on Economic Policy, Industry and Entrepreneurship of Azerbaijani Parliament.
Chairman of the Committee Ziyad Samadzade said the document, prepared with the initiative of the President Ilham Aliyev, aims to stimulate development of business, create a favourable business environment and optimize tax burden.
According to the article #1 of the draft law, debts of taxpayers as of January 1, 2017 generated from the interests accounted due to not paying the taxes in the provided period will be written off by the relevant state executive bodies.
According to the draft law, debts of taxpayers as of January 1, 2017 incurred on financial sanctions imposed in accordance with the article $58.7 of the Tax Code will be written off by the relevant executive body.
If the taxpayers pay 30% of financial sanctions in January 2017, the relevant executive body writes off 70% of unpaid financial sanctions.
If the taxpayers pay 50% of financial sanctions in January-February 2017, the relevant executive body writes off 50% of unpaid financial sanctions.
If the taxpayers pay 70% of financial sanctions in January-March 2017, the relevant executive body writes off 30% of unpaid financial sanctions
The provisions of this draft law concern the unpaid parts of tax of the taxpayers which there is a court decision on mandatory payment of the taxes provided in accordance with the articles #1, 2 of this draft law but remained unpaid since January 1, 2017.
If the parliament adopts the draft law, it will enter into force on January 1, 2017.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 17.05.2017Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”
- 17.04.2017Big sale networks should be invited to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017Arms trade already brings large amount of currency to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017“Made in Azerbaijan” brand already famous in world – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan increases non-oil export – president
- 13.04.2017Trump's message to bankers: Wall Street reform rules may be eliminated
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan gives investment promotion certificate to 121 projects
- 11.04.2017Tesla becomes most valuable U.S. car maker, edges out GM
- 08.04.2017Ambassador: Any violation of Azerbaijani businessmen’s rights to draw immediate reaction
- 08.04.2017Deputy PM: Creation of Food Safety Agency aims to eliminate problems in Azerbaijan’s food safety system
- 06.04.2017US: Fed divided on fiscal stimulus effect on growth
- 28.03.2017Highest development indicators in world scale are in Azerbaijan – president
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan referred to as exemplary country in combating unemployment - president
- 28.03.2017Entrepreneurs should be active, get access to new markets – president
- 17.03.2017CIS Economic Council developing concept of gradual formation of common labor market
- 14.03.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.6% last month
- 03.03.2017Mercedes recalls 354,000 vehicles in US
- 02.03.2017Five Azerbaijanis among Russia’s richest people
- 22.02.2017Baku Business Factory and TransTech Capital sign MoU
- 14.02.2017Ministry of Economy warns economic entities
- 02.02.2017Google becomes world's most valuable brand
- 01.02.2017State duty for granting of licenses for mobile services to make up AZN 1M
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani businessmen – king of Russia’s real property
- 18.01.2017President: Azerbaijan entered a new stage of development - UPDATED
- 16.01.2017Oil price rise will cause Turkey to increase export to Azerbaijan - International Transporters' Association
- 09.12.2016Iraqi businessmen intend to invest in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2016Sumgayit Superfosfat OJSC owes AZN 3M
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani billionaire earns $1.8B after Trump’s victory
- 11.01.2017BMW goes to law for declaring Telman Ismayilov’s son bankrupt
- 20.12.2016Committee chairman: Tax amnesty to leave AZN 600M to entrepreneurs
- 19.12.2016Azerbaijan may launch tax amnesty - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.12.2016Amount of money Donald Trump received from branding deal in Baku announced