Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
The exhibitions are being attended by 331 copmanies from 28 countries, of which 70% are foreign exponents, 30% - local participants.
Several companies under Gilan Holding are exhibiting their products in the CaspianAgro exhibition.
Gilan FMCG’s participation in the exhibition aims to extend export opportunities and establish new business relations with potential foreign clients.
Sanan Orujov, Head of Product Management at Gilan FMCG, which basically engages in production and sale of consumer goods and exports to more than 20 countries, said that these countries include US, Canada, China, Gulf, European, CIS countries, as well as Australia and New Zeeland.
“Our main goal is to gain strength in these countries and find new markets. We mainly export soft drinks, canned and chips products to foreign markets. Moreover, we mainly use technologies in our plants during the production. We have two goals: to play role in meeting domestic demand by local production and increase export potential to bring more currency to the country”, he said.
Orujov added that despitethe economic difficulties in the world, the company’s indicators about production are good.
Gilan Agrotech is also participating in the exhibition with wide range of products.
Sales Coordinator at Gilan Agricultural Group Rashad Majidov said the exhibition is very suitable for establishment of business relations and extension of cooperation: “By participating in the exhibition we aim to expand cooperation. Currently, we export our products to 12 foreign countries. We want to double export potential within a short-run. According to our calculations, this is a real target. Because the cotton-growing is expected to develop this year. We increased the sowing are more than twofold. We plan to extend in hazelnut growing. As we know, hazelnut and cotton are main exportable strategic products. We intend to gain strength in Gulf countries via these products. Along with this, we also plan to extend existing channels in CIS countries. Moreover, we are negotiating with several purchasers in the UK. So, we aim to sell our products to Eu and UK. We want to achieve it through intensive method – increase opf productivity. We have been increasing quality of agro technical service since last year. I’d like to note gardening, because we are expecting serious progress through this field”.
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”
- 17.04.2017Big sale networks should be invited to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017Arms trade already brings large amount of currency to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017“Made in Azerbaijan” brand already famous in world – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan increases non-oil export – president
- 13.04.2017Trump's message to bankers: Wall Street reform rules may be eliminated
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan gives investment promotion certificate to 121 projects
- 11.04.2017Tesla becomes most valuable U.S. car maker, edges out GM
- 08.04.2017Ambassador: Any violation of Azerbaijani businessmen’s rights to draw immediate reaction
- 08.04.2017Deputy PM: Creation of Food Safety Agency aims to eliminate problems in Azerbaijan’s food safety system
- 06.04.2017US: Fed divided on fiscal stimulus effect on growth
- 28.03.2017Highest development indicators in world scale are in Azerbaijan – president
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan referred to as exemplary country in combating unemployment - president
- 28.03.2017Entrepreneurs should be active, get access to new markets – president
- 17.03.2017CIS Economic Council developing concept of gradual formation of common labor market
- 14.03.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.6% last month
- 03.03.2017Mercedes recalls 354,000 vehicles in US
- 02.03.2017Five Azerbaijanis among Russia’s richest people
- 22.02.2017Baku Business Factory and TransTech Capital sign MoU
- 14.02.2017Ministry of Economy warns economic entities
- 02.02.2017Google becomes world's most valuable brand
- 01.02.2017State duty for granting of licenses for mobile services to make up AZN 1M
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani businessmen – king of Russia’s real property
- 18.01.2017President: Azerbaijan entered a new stage of development - UPDATED
- 16.01.2017Oil price rise will cause Turkey to increase export to Azerbaijan - International Transporters' Association
- 11.01.2017BMW goes to law for declaring Telman Ismayilov’s son bankrupt
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani billionaire earns $1.8B after Trump’s victory
- 28.12.2016Sumgayit Superfosfat OJSC owes AZN 3M
- 20.12.2016Tax amnesty to concern 45,000 taxpayers - UPDATED
- 20.12.2016Committee chairman: Tax amnesty to leave AZN 600M to entrepreneurs
- 19.12.2016Azerbaijan may launch tax amnesty - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.12.2016Amount of money Donald Trump received from branding deal in Baku announced
- 09.12.2016Iraqi businessmen intend to invest in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum