Google becomes world's most valuable brand
Google has become the world's most valuable brand, taking the reigns from Apple, independent consultancy Brand Finance announced Wednesday in its Global 500 report.
The search engine’s brand value rose 24 percent to $109.5 billion in this year's report, from $88.2 billion last year, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
The company "enables the world’s biggest brands reach their customers and build their own brand equity (through search and advertising respectively)", the report said.
"Google remains largely unchallenged in its core search business, which is the mainstay of its advertising income," it added.
Apple's brand value fell 27 percent to $107.1 billion from $145.9 billion in the 2016 report; thus losing its lead as the most valuable brand -- a title it held since 2011.
The tech giant's "evangelists are beginning to lose their faith. The snaking queues of early adopters have shrunk almost to the point of invisibility," the report noted.
"Put simply, Apple has over-exploited the goodwill of its customers, it has failed to generate significant revenues from newer products such as the Apple Watch and cannot demonstrate that genuinely innovative technologies desired by consumers are in the pipeline," it added.
The report also stressed that the Apple brand "has lost its luster and must now compete" with Chinese smartphone manufacturers like Huawei and OnePlus, in addition to its traditional South Korean rival Samsung.
Amazon retained third place on the list with $106.4 billion, despite increasing its brand value by 53 percent from last year.
"Amazon has stated it will create 100,000 jobs in the U.S. over the next 18 months. Such confidence suggests that Amazon may well see a new brand at the top of the Brand Finance Global 500 in 2018," the report said.
Brand value is calculated by scaling a company from 0 to 100, based on its emotional connection, financial performance, sustainability, and taking current and future revenues of the company into account, on top of its core businesses, licensing agreements and portfolio management.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Astara Chay LLC’s tea plantation in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views “Yashil Chay” plantation in Lankaran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president views rose oil plant in Zagatala
- 21.07.2017President: Lack of fish market in Baku is shortcoming
- 21.07.2017Turkish–Azerbaijani relations take centre-stage
- 01.07.2017Oil rises for seventh session, U.S. stocks rebound
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan-Poland business forum held in Warsaw
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 17.05.2017Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”
- 17.04.2017Big sale networks should be invited to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017Arms trade already brings large amount of currency to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017“Made in Azerbaijan” brand already famous in world – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan increases non-oil export – president
- 13.04.2017Trump's message to bankers: Wall Street reform rules may be eliminated
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan gives investment promotion certificate to 121 projects
- 11.04.2017Tesla becomes most valuable U.S. car maker, edges out GM
- 08.04.2017Ambassador: Any violation of Azerbaijani businessmen’s rights to draw immediate reaction
- 14.02.2017Ministry of Economy warns economic entities
- 22.02.2017Baku Business Factory and TransTech Capital sign MoU
- 02.03.2017Five Azerbaijanis among Russia’s richest people
- 01.02.2017State duty for granting of licenses for mobile services to make up AZN 1M
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani businessmen – king of Russia’s real property
- 18.01.2017President: Azerbaijan entered a new stage of development - UPDATED