Google becomes world's most valuable brand
Google has become the world's most valuable brand, taking the reigns from Apple, independent consultancy Brand Finance announced Wednesday in its Global 500 report.
The search engine’s brand value rose 24 percent to $109.5 billion in this year's report, from $88.2 billion last year, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
The company "enables the world’s biggest brands reach their customers and build their own brand equity (through search and advertising respectively)", the report said.
"Google remains largely unchallenged in its core search business, which is the mainstay of its advertising income," it added.
Apple's brand value fell 27 percent to $107.1 billion from $145.9 billion in the 2016 report; thus losing its lead as the most valuable brand -- a title it held since 2011.
The tech giant's "evangelists are beginning to lose their faith. The snaking queues of early adopters have shrunk almost to the point of invisibility," the report noted.
"Put simply, Apple has over-exploited the goodwill of its customers, it has failed to generate significant revenues from newer products such as the Apple Watch and cannot demonstrate that genuinely innovative technologies desired by consumers are in the pipeline," it added.
The report also stressed that the Apple brand "has lost its luster and must now compete" with Chinese smartphone manufacturers like Huawei and OnePlus, in addition to its traditional South Korean rival Samsung.
Amazon retained third place on the list with $106.4 billion, despite increasing its brand value by 53 percent from last year.
"Amazon has stated it will create 100,000 jobs in the U.S. over the next 18 months. Such confidence suggests that Amazon may well see a new brand at the top of the Brand Finance Global 500 in 2018," the report said.
Brand value is calculated by scaling a company from 0 to 100, based on its emotional connection, financial performance, sustainability, and taking current and future revenues of the company into account, on top of its core businesses, licensing agreements and portfolio management.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Astara Chay LLC’s tea plantation in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views “Yashil Chay” plantation in Lankaran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president views rose oil plant in Zagatala
- 14.02.2017Ministry of Economy warns economic entities
- 22.02.2017Baku Business Factory and TransTech Capital sign MoU
- 02.03.2017Five Azerbaijanis among Russia’s richest people
- 01.02.2017State duty for granting of licenses for mobile services to make up AZN 1M
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani businessmen – king of Russia’s real property
- 18.01.2017President: Azerbaijan entered a new stage of development - UPDATED