Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
APA-Economics reports citing to the magazine that 200 Russian businessmen’s wealth increased $100 billion in 2016 and reached $460 billion.
Generally, number of Russian billionaires increased from 77 to 96.
So, co-founder of Novatek and Sibur companies Leonid Mikhelson ranks at 1st with the wealth of $18.4 billion.
Owner of Severstal Alexei Mordashov’s wealth ranked at 2nd with $17.5 billion, Novolipetsk Metallurgical Combine’s owner Vladimir Lisin held the third place with $16.1 billion.
Increasing his wealth by $4.6 billion, Gennady Timchenko, who is shareholder of Sibur petrochemicals complex, ranks at 4th with $16 billion.
Azerbaijani businessman, head of LUKoil Vahid Alekberov earned $8.9 billion in 2016 and ranked at 5th with $14.5 billion.
Owner and head of Crocus Group Araz Aghalarov increased the wealth by $500 million in 2016 and ranked at 51st with $1.7 billion.
Interestingly enough other three Azerbaijani businessmen – Zarakh Iliyev, Qod Nisanov and Farhad Ahmadov - ended 2016 on loss of $300 million in total. Iliyev and Nisanov relevantly ranked at 34th and 36th with $3.1 billion, Ahmadov at 67th with $1.3 billion.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Astara Chay LLC’s tea plantation in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views “Yashil Chay” plantation in Lankaran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president views rose oil plant in Zagatala
- 21.07.2017President: Lack of fish market in Baku is shortcoming
- 21.07.2017Turkish–Azerbaijani relations take centre-stage
- 01.07.2017Oil rises for seventh session, U.S. stocks rebound
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan-Poland business forum held in Warsaw
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 17.05.2017Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Big sale networks should be invited to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017Arms trade already brings large amount of currency to Azerbaijan – president
- 17.04.2017“Made in Azerbaijan” brand already famous in world – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan increases non-oil export – president
- 13.04.2017Trump's message to bankers: Wall Street reform rules may be eliminated
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan gives investment promotion certificate to 121 projects
- 11.04.2017Tesla becomes most valuable U.S. car maker, edges out GM
- 08.04.2017Ambassador: Any violation of Azerbaijani businessmen’s rights to draw immediate reaction
- 08.04.2017Deputy PM: Creation of Food Safety Agency aims to eliminate problems in Azerbaijan’s food safety system
- 06.04.2017US: Fed divided on fiscal stimulus effect on growth
- 28.03.2017Highest development indicators in world scale are in Azerbaijan – president
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan referred to as exemplary country in combating unemployment - president
- 28.03.2017Entrepreneurs should be active, get access to new markets – president
- 17.03.2017CIS Economic Council developing concept of gradual formation of common labor market
- 14.03.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.6% last month
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”