Turkish–Azerbaijani relations take centre-stage
DEIK (Turkey’s Foreign Economic Relations Board) held a high-level event to discuss Turkish–Azerbaijani bilateral business and economic developments, bringing together representatives from the business communities of the two nations. The discussion was hosted at the Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus in Istanbul.
The sixth edition of this annual event was hosted by Selcuk Akat, Head, Turkish-Azerbaijani Business Committee, DEIK; Rena Rzaeva, The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) Turkey Representative; and Cenk Eynehan, General Manager, Pasha Bank Turkey, TEAS told APA.
Presentations and speeches were given by all the hosts, highlighting the development of trade between the two countries to date, and future potential for the expansion of collaboration between the two economies.
Mr Akat opened the event by outlining the mission of DEIK, which is to further strengthen bilateral trade relations between Turkey and Azerbaijan, focusing on the various projects undertaken by DEIK during the past year. He predicted that the level of Azerbaijani investment in Turkey is expected to reach $20bn by 2020, predominantly due the work undertaken by the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijani Republic (SOCAR).
Mr Eynehan explained that, as the two countries expand their economic and social partnership, Pasha Bank is being transformed into the financial bridge in the region. The main findings of a comprehensive Pasha report on the Azerbaijani economy that details the various reform packages being implemented to boost the investment climate were discussed.
Mrs Rzaeva explained the role of TEAS in promoting the diverse business opportunities of Azerbaijan across Europe. She noted that, although Azerbaijani–Turkish business relations remain strongest in the energy sector, there is huge potential for deeper non-oil co-operation in the tourism, agribusiness and logistics sectors. She expressed her hope the strategic partnership between Turkey and Azerbaijan will be advanced to new levels through the work of DEIK.
The event ended with a dinner and networking event.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Astara Chay LLC’s tea plantation in Lankaran
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President: Lack of fish market in Baku is shortcoming
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president views rose oil plant in Zagatala
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views “Yashil Chay” plantation in Lankaran
- 01.07.2017Oil rises for seventh session, U.S. stocks rebound
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan-Poland business forum held in Warsaw
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%