USD operations decline 1.9-fold in Azerbaijan
By contrast to January-October 2016, the currency market declined 1.8-fold in the reporting period of 2017, APA-Economics reports according to the statistics of the Central Bank.
In January-October 2017, the USD operations amounted to $2,631,927,700, down 1.9-fold from $ 5,015,849,100 in the reporting period of 2016. The USD operations made up $367,653,200 in October 2017, $413,075,900 in October of 2016.
In the reporting period of 2017, $202,513,900 was sold, down 20.2% from previous year. At the same time, $165,139,300 was bought, up 3.68% in comparison to a year earlier.
Compared to September, purchase of USD by banks increased by 0.53%, sale by 18.13% in October.
Euro operations amounted to EUR 538,771,200 in January-October 2017, down 1.4-fold from EUR 758,946,200 in 2016. In October 2017 the euro operations stood at EUR 119,079,200, up 2.1-fold from EUR 56,473,000 in October 2016.
In the reporting period of 2017, EUR 96,796,400 was sold, up 2.02-fold from previous year. At the same time, EUR 22,828,800 was bought, up 2.58-fold in comparison to a year earlier.
Compared to September, purchase of euro by banks increased by 8.23%, sale rose 1.99-fold in October.
Related news releases
- 02.09.2015Current situation in Azerbaijan’s banking system: Is the consolidation of small banks a way out? - ANALYSIS
- 01.09.2015USD fell, Euro rose in August in Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS
- 27.06.2015Sargsyan, whose “Nagorno-Karabakh card” has already been beaten, faces popular uprising
- 25.06.2015Disrespect to international law and double standards of PACE - ANALYSIS
- 22.06.2015ECHR judgment: New stage in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement - ANALYSIS
- 07.04.2014Official Exchange Rates
- 16.11.2012Union of Azerbaijani Organizations in Russia – The “friends club” who don’t want to follow the fate of Khodorkovski - ANALYSIS
- 20.02.2012Fishing grows by 24% in Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2011Bear kills hunter in central Russia
- 05.10.2011Russia offers compromise on UN resolution against Syria
- 02.08.2011Russia to reopen Magnitsky investigation - paper
- 12.11.2009Forbes lists the most powerfull people in thr world
- 12.05.2009Europe needs only one but reliable pipeline – ANALYTICS
- 09.09.2008Turkey’s effort to save from Western-Russian confrontation – ANALYSIS
- 07.07.2008Being rich is our right!
- 19.06.2008Azerbaijan’s banking sector at the stage of transformation
- 12.06.2008Gazprom in the energy security of Europe
- 11.06.2008Ticket to Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2008Flexible tariffs are necessary to increase the competitiveness of the TRACECA transport corridor
- 29.05.2008Card-to-card transfer as an alternative payment system in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2008Azerbaijan exchange market is becoming a regional financial center
- 07.05.2008Azerbaijan-based banks begin to install ATMs with cash-in function
- 29.08.2007Insurance of deposits will increase people’s trust in bank system in Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2007Azerbaijan and Russia: Fight for gas market of Europe
- 09.08.2007Azerbaijan applies the most advanced deposit insurance system in the CIS region
- 09.08.2007Azerbaijan needs billions of private capital
- 06.08.2007Vneshtorgbank penetrating Azerbaijani market
- 02.07.2007Azerbaijan believes in prospects of Nabucco pipeline
- 28.06.2007Azerbaijan has to change foreign trade structure
- 20.06.2007Development of national payment system to boost cad business in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2007SOCAR consolidates its position to be an international company
- 24.04.2007Clothing stores offer sharp discount in Baku?
- 23.04.2007Azerbaijan’s healthcare in figures
- 19.04.2007Azerbaijan medicine market witnessed 25 percent price rise
- 10.04.2018USD operations increase by 1.6-fold in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2017Decreasing production, increasing price: will the oil price stabilize? - ANALYSIS
- 15.04.2016Three obstacles that can thwart ‘Doha Plans’ - ANALYSIS
- 21.12.2015Does Azerbaijan need TAP? - ANALYSIS