Russian, Saudi energy ministers discuss oil cooperation
Russia and Saudi Arabia agreed at a meeting Wednesday in Riyadh to cooperate to help stabilize oil markets, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
"Saudi Arabia and Russia play an historic role in the stability of the oil market," Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih said at a joint press conference with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak after they met.
Al-Falih said Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has called on all parties to maintain stability in oil prices.
Oil prices have been fluctuating widely since the beginning of the year, hitting their highest levels in more than three years in January but recently posting their biggest weekly losses in two months in line with production and industry developments such as fluctuating U.S. oil rig counts.
Novak said Russia’s coordination with Saudi Arabia supports stability in oil prices and there are many joint projects with Saudi Arabia's national oil company Saudi Aramco.
Al-Falih said Saudi Arabia is also working with Russia on nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, adding the issue of climate change was also discussed.
Earlier today, King Salman received Novak in Riyadh. Following their meeting, a memorandum on energy cooperation was signed.
Novak said that during the meeting, bilateral relations in all fields were discussed and productive discussions were held on energy.
He added that Russia is supporting Saudi Arabia’s ‘Saudi Vision 2030’ economic plan with direct investments.
Related news releases
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 15.02.2018Fitch: SOCAR’s capital expenditures will decrease to around AZN 2 billion in 2019-2020
- 15.02.2018Fitch affirms SOCAR’s rating at ‘BB+’
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Italy is determined to implement TAP successfully
- 15.02.2018Sefcovic: Southern Gas Corridor project is of strategic importance
- 15.02.2018Fourth Ministerial Meeting of Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council kicks off in Baku
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with European Commission Vice-President
- 15.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Southern Gas Corridor paved the way for benefits for Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Program and attendees list of Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council made public
- 13.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Talks on new fields with world’s leading companies enter active phase
- 13.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan became regional hub both economically and politically