Russian, Saudi energy ministers discuss oil cooperation
Russia and Saudi Arabia agreed at a meeting Wednesday in Riyadh to cooperate to help stabilize oil markets, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
"Saudi Arabia and Russia play an historic role in the stability of the oil market," Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih said at a joint press conference with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak after they met.
Al-Falih said Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has called on all parties to maintain stability in oil prices.
Oil prices have been fluctuating widely since the beginning of the year, hitting their highest levels in more than three years in January but recently posting their biggest weekly losses in two months in line with production and industry developments such as fluctuating U.S. oil rig counts.
Novak said Russia’s coordination with Saudi Arabia supports stability in oil prices and there are many joint projects with Saudi Arabia's national oil company Saudi Aramco.
Al-Falih said Saudi Arabia is also working with Russia on nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, adding the issue of climate change was also discussed.
Earlier today, King Salman received Novak in Riyadh. Following their meeting, a memorandum on energy cooperation was signed.
Novak said that during the meeting, bilateral relations in all fields were discussed and productive discussions were held on energy.
He added that Russia is supporting Saudi Arabia’s ‘Saudi Vision 2030’ economic plan with direct investments.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 03.05.2018IMF forecasts 33% growth in Azerbaijan’s gas export
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan reduces energy production by more than 4%
- 03.05.2018Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) establishes MIT-Azerbaijan Fund to support young entrepreneurs and startup ecosystem development in Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018Changes made in program of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi – 2018
- 02.05.2018SOCAR applies to Turkish government
- 02.05.2018TANAP to be launched on June 19
- 02.05.2018Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijani oil price goes up
- 30.04.2018SDL Nobel signs new contract with BP
- 15.02.2018Fourth Ministerial Meeting of Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council kicks off in Baku
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with European Commission Vice-President
- 15.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Southern Gas Corridor paved the way for benefits for Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Program and attendees list of Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council made public
- 13.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Talks on new fields with world’s leading companies enter active phase
- 13.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan became regional hub both economically and politically