General Prosecutor’s Office and MIA issue joint statement on beating of executive power head in Ganja
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s General Prosecutor’s Office and Ministry of Internal Affairs have issued a joint statement on beating of head and deputy head of Nizami District Executive Power in Ganja.
APA reports that on December 10 at about 11:30 a.m., a group of resident attempted to close Ganja-Goygol motor road during the event held by Nizami District Executive Power on illegal buildings in Javad khan settlement (former Avtozavod).
Preventing illegal acts, head of Nizami District Executive Power, deputy head of the Executive Power, as well as 5 police and 1 resident were injured. Moreover, glasses of 3 police cars have been broken.
Head and deputy head of executive power, 1 police and 1 resident have been taken to the City Clinic Hospital #3.
Employees of Ganja city Prosecutor’s Office and Ganja Main Police Office immediately inspected the site.
An investigation group was created launching a criminal case under the article $315.1 (Application of violence, resistance with application of violence concerning the representative of authority in connection with performance of official duties by him, as well as threat of application of such violence) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan in the City Prosecutor’s Office.
Samadov Agil Arif and Nagiyev Arshad Elbayi, who are suspected of committing the crime, have been detained.
Investigation on fact is underway.
Related news releases
- 02.11.2017Caspian 2017 int’l exercise kicks off in Baku
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 20.12.2014Azerbaijan girl, 5, burned to death in home fire accident
- 02.01.2015Schoolgirl attempt to commit suicide in Zagatala
- 03.01.2015Train overrides bus in Georgia, 3 killed
- 12.12.2014Rasul Jafarov faces additional charges
- 11.12.2014Main streets and avenues of Baku to be closed tomorrow
- 10.12.2014Lawyer Elchin Namazov released