Some details emerge on murder of Azerbaijani soldier serving in Russian army
On December 4, Sadiq Mirzayev's body was taken to Baku and buried
Baku – APA. Some details have emerged on the murder of an Azerbaijani soldier who served in the Russian army.
Sadiq Mirzayev, 19, was murdered in the 104th regiment of the 76th assault division located in Pskov on November 27. His friend said Sadiq Mirzayev and his killer have had quarrels before, APA reports citing the Volkhov newspaper.
He noted that quarrels were mostly due to S. Mirzayev’s national identity.
“After his murder, we went to the military unit together with Sadiq’s father. We learned from soldiers that following the last argument the murderer called Sadiq to bathroom and stabbed him in his belly with a knife wrapped in a towel. At that moment, one of two other soldiers present there tried to help Sadiq but was wounded in his throat by the same murderer. On top of that, the killer inflicted injury to another soldier while fleeing the bathroom,” he said.
The newspaper also said that prior to his military service S. Mirzayev had studied at the faculty of economics, the Novgorod State University. But after failing a math examination he took an academic vacation and went to the army. Sadiq’s father Rustam Mirzayev added that he had talked to his son two hours before the incident took place.
“Sadiq said he had to wake up early in the morning and that he was going to sleep. At around 8:00 a.m. Nov. 29, I got a call from the military unit’s hospital. They told me of the killing of my son. I called the military unit right away, but they refused to give me an explanation. I’m sure they had kept my son in the hospital for two days with no medical aid.
The newspaper “Volkhov” further said the murdered soldier’s parents are certain that there are attempts of covering up the act of killing. But the family said they would no way allow it.
It’s also said that S. Mirzayev was buried in Baku on December 4.
Note that, despite the assumptions that the fight between the soldiers in the 104th regiment of the 76th assault division occurred on the basis of an ethnic reason, commander of the 76th assault division Alexei Naumets ruled out this probability.
Related news releases
- 02.11.2017Caspian 2017 int’l exercise kicks off in Baku
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 10.12.2014Lawyer Elchin Namazov released
- 11.12.2014Main streets and avenues of Baku to be closed tomorrow
- 12.12.2014Rasul Jafarov faces additional charges
- 06.12.2014General Prosecutor’s Office issues statement on Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest
- 05.12.2014Khadija Ismayilova arrested
- 04.12.2014Trial of nurchus detained Azerbaijan starts
Top news of the day