CMO to compensate families of deceased Hajj pilgrims
The Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) will pay compensation to the family of pilgrims who died during the Hajj pilgrimage, as well as to those who had health problems.
According to the contract, signed with pilgrims, the family of each deceased pilgrim will be compensated in the amount of 4,500 manats.
A pilgrim who has had a serious health problem during the pilgrimage will be provided with about 2,000 manats of financial assistance for treatment within 2 months, taking into account the damage caused by the organizer on the basis of the presented medical documentation.
Under the law of Saudi Arabia, a person who died during Hajj is buried at the place of the pilgrimage.
The CMO began receiving documents for this year’s Hajj pilgrimage on Feb. 12.
The pilgrimage package per person costs 4,150 US dollars.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Perpetrators of terrorist attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja controlled by foreign circles: State Committee
- 11.07.201841 false clerics exposed in Azerbaijan over the past year
- 09.07.2018Departure and return dates changed for Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee on Work with Religious Organization may be granted additional power
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee: Some people want to turn their house or garage into mosque
- 15.06.2018CMO chairman: There is unmatched kindness among sects in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Fitr
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates financial aid to religious organizations
- 07.06.2018President: "Representatives of all religions live as one family in Azerbaijan"
- 06.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends Iftar ceremony on occasion of holy month of Ramadan - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani pilgrims sharply reduces
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan to establish Institute of Theology
- 07.02.2018Illegal place of worship found in Khazar district
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman gives instruction to akhunds and imams
- 14.02.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman: It’d displease Allah to be dissatisfied with conditions created for believers in Azerbaijan