Newly allocated site for construction of Haji Javad mosque inspected
Azerbaijan’s First Deputy Prime Minister Yagub Eyyubov, Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) Sheikh-ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade and Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli on Thursday inspected the newly allocated site for the construction of Haji Javad Mosque located in 79 Abdulla Shaig Street, Yasamal district, Baku, the CMO told APA.
The inspection was conducted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev.
Yagub Eyyubov noted that large-scale construction work that is underway Azerbaijan, in particular in Baku, the reconstruction of historical and religious places, as well as the ongoing measures aimed at improving the welfare of the people are a clear example of the care of President Ilham Aliyev and First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva.
Having familiarized himself with the site and the project of the mosque, CMO Chairman Allahshukur Pashazade said that President Ilham Aliyev always cares for the needs of believers.
Pashazade expressed his satisfaction with the high level of state-religion relations in the country, the CMO chairman hailed the role of the managements of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations in this work.
Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli noted that the proper site for the new mosque to be constructed to meet the spiritual needs of religious figures, and its graceful design is due to the attention and support of the Azerbaijani state, especially the president. He expressed hope that the new building of Haji Javad mosque that will be ready until the next Ramadan month will be a pleasant holiday gift for Azerbaijani religious figures.
The religious figures, on behalf of the worshipers of Haji Javad mosque expressed gratitude to President Ilham Aliyev for such a valuable contribution and said that they want to address a letter of gratitude to the president.
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 14.02.2018CMO to compensate families of deceased Hajj pilgrims
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman gives instruction to akhunds and imams
- 14.02.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman: It’d displease Allah to be dissatisfied with conditions created for believers in Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani pilgrims sharply reduces
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan to establish Institute of Theology
- 07.02.2018Illegal place of worship found in Khazar district
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry: 162 people violated freedom of religion in 2017
- 25.01.2018CMO chairman to visit Turkey
- 24.01.2018Mubariz Gurbanli: Rules regulating cemeteries and funerals ready
- 19.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 4M to Caucasian Muslims Office
- 05.06.2017Saudi Arabia warns pilgrims
- 07.06.2017CMO chairman dismisses religious figure for acting against Ramadan fatwa
- 16.06.2017Committee chairman: 96% of Azerbaijani population are Muslim
- 27.05.2017Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani religious community chairman dismissed for having illegal gathering - EXCLUSIVE
- 24.05.2017“Some forces try to undermine Azerbaijani model of state-religion relations”