Newly allocated site for construction of Haji Javad mosque inspected
Azerbaijan’s First Deputy Prime Minister Yagub Eyyubov, Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) Sheikh-ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade and Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli on Thursday inspected the newly allocated site for the construction of Haji Javad Mosque located in 79 Abdulla Shaig Street, Yasamal district, Baku, the CMO told APA.
The inspection was conducted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev.
Yagub Eyyubov noted that large-scale construction work that is underway Azerbaijan, in particular in Baku, the reconstruction of historical and religious places, as well as the ongoing measures aimed at improving the welfare of the people are a clear example of the care of President Ilham Aliyev and First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva.
Having familiarized himself with the site and the project of the mosque, CMO Chairman Allahshukur Pashazade said that President Ilham Aliyev always cares for the needs of believers.
Pashazade expressed his satisfaction with the high level of state-religion relations in the country, the CMO chairman hailed the role of the managements of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations in this work.
Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli noted that the proper site for the new mosque to be constructed to meet the spiritual needs of religious figures, and its graceful design is due to the attention and support of the Azerbaijani state, especially the president. He expressed hope that the new building of Haji Javad mosque that will be ready until the next Ramadan month will be a pleasant holiday gift for Azerbaijani religious figures.
The religious figures, on behalf of the worshipers of Haji Javad mosque expressed gratitude to President Ilham Aliyev for such a valuable contribution and said that they want to address a letter of gratitude to the president.
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 14.02.2018CMO to compensate families of deceased Hajj pilgrims
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman gives instruction to akhunds and imams
- 14.02.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 14.02.2018CMO chairman: It’d displease Allah to be dissatisfied with conditions created for believers in Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani pilgrims sharply reduces
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan to establish Institute of Theology
- 07.02.2018Illegal place of worship found in Khazar district
- 29.01.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry: 162 people violated freedom of religion in 2017
- 25.01.2018CMO chairman to visit Turkey
- 24.01.2018Mubariz Gurbanli: Rules regulating cemeteries and funerals ready
- 19.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 4M to Caucasian Muslims Office
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan approves action plan to combat religious extremism
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan revokes registration of 19 religious communities in 2017
- 11.01.201863 different radical books prevented from being imported to Azerbaijan
- 07.01.2018The Orthodox Christian community of Azerbaijan marks Christmas
- 29.12.201730 mln people to go on Hajj pilgrimage in coming years
- 27.12.2017State Committee: Radical groups prevented from taking roots in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani State Committee chairman stresses need for intra-Islamic dialogue
- 22.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Islamic religious figures from North Caucasian republics of Russia - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017Participants of Baku int'l conference appeal to heads of states, international organizations and religious leaders
- 21.12.2017Sunnis and Shiites pray together in Azerbaijan: American rabbi
- 21.12.2017Deputy Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and Palestinian Territories appeals to Muslim world
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Saudi deputy minister of Islamic affairs - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Egypt's grand mufti - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017State Committee comments on proposal of creating ‘military cemetery’
- 18.12.2017Work underway to bring remaining Azerbaijani children home from Iraq – State Committee
- 18.12.2017Religious figures to receive salary in Azerbaijan
- 27.11.2017State Committee: Some forces in Azerbaijan seek to add political elements into Ashura commemorations
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia organize int’l conference on interfaith dialogue - UPDATED
- 23.11.2017Karabakh conflict planted seeds of separatism, ethnic strife in post-Soviet territory – CMO chairman
- 25.10.2017Patriarch Kirill: Desecration of religious monuments is perilous for any conflict
- 18.10.2017Protocols drawn up in relation two persons for execution of illegal religious rituals in Baku
- 13.10.2017Knowledge Fund: Some families in Azerbaijan follow sectarian rules
- 13.10.2017Some websites propagate religious discrimination in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 06.10.2017Another 10 mosques entrusted to Muslim community in Georgia
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Shamakhi Juma Mosque is of great importance for entire Muslim world
- 01.10.2017Azerbaijan marks Ashura Day
- 05.06.2017Saudi Arabia warns pilgrims
- 07.06.2017CMO chairman dismisses religious figure for acting against Ramadan fatwa
- 16.06.2017Committee chairman: 96% of Azerbaijani population are Muslim
- 27.05.2017Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani religious community chairman dismissed for having illegal gathering - EXCLUSIVE
- 24.05.2017“Some forces try to undermine Azerbaijani model of state-religion relations”