Armenian chess players arrive in Azerbaijan
Baku – APA. “I want to perform as good as possible in the World Cup. A very interesting and difficult competition awaits us,” Armenian chess player Levon Aronian told reporters in Baku on Sept.10, APAsport reported.
The Armenian national team has just arrived in Baku to participate in the World Cup.
Aronian told competition’s press service that a very interesting and difficult competition, which will be held from September 10 to October 4, awaits them.
“All the players have come to Azerbaijan ambitious. Among Azerbaijani players that are one of my main rivals are Shahriyar Mammadyarov and Teymur Rajabov. My friends have told me a lot about Baku. It would be interesting to see the city at the end of the tournament. I have had some teachers who were originally from Baku,” said the Armenian player.
Note that, the Armenian team will be represented by four players in the World Cup.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Progressive Web App by Stakers
- 17.03.2015Azerbaijan - Sport in Focus comes to the National Museum of Sport in Nice - PHOTO
- 12.03.2015Baku-2015: Olympic Stadium awaiting opening - REPORTAGE - PHOTO
- 26.09.2014Baku 2015 European Games hosts first National Olympic Committees Communications Seminar
- 13.06.2014Peralta scores in Mexico's 1-0 win over Cameroon - PHOTO
- 14.01.2014Ronaldo beats Messi & Ribery to Fifa Ballon d'Or
- 14.08.2013Azerbaijani National defeats Malta in a friendly match
- 20.06.2013National team of Azerbaijan becomes European Champion in freestyle wrestling
- 23.11.2011Inter march on thanks to Trabzonspor draw
- 13.10.2009Kamaladdin Heydarov re-elected as vice-president of World Taekwondo Federation
- 06.10.2015Azerbaijani judokas claim three more medals at 6th CISM Military World Games
- 05.03.2016APAsport agency celebrates 9th birthday
- 28.04.2016Atletico Madrid beats Bayern Munich in Champions League semi-final
- 09.09.2015Azad Rahimov: Azerbaijan makes concession to Levon Aronian
- 18.05.2015First European Games discussed in Ethiopia
- 25.04.2015EOC reacts sharply to ‘smear campaign’ against Azerbaijan