Azerbaijan’s tourism opportunities highlighted at 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue
A panel session, titled “The Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe as networks for intercultural dialogue” was held Saturday as part of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku.
Addressing the session, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism Nazim Samadov noted that by 2030 the number of tourists in the world will reach 1.8 billion people, which points to the prospects for the development of the tourism sector.
The deputy minister stressed that there are wide opportunities for tourism development in Azerbaijan.
Stefano Dominioni, Executive Secretary, Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes underscored the importance of cultural routes.
Hans Morten Lovrod, a representative of St. Olav’s Ways spoke about the organization’s activities in Norway.
Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev presented a prize to Ramon Montes, an expert of the Council of Europe in connection with the samples of ancient rock carvings of cultural routes.
Montes made a presentation about the ancient rock carvings at the session.
Montes said that after the event he will go to Gobustan, where he intends to gather information about the rock paintings.
- 18.05.2018Ambassador: Tajikistan attaches particular importance to ecological and health tourism
- 14.05.2018Fifteen countries’ citizens to be able to obtain visas at Azerbaijan’s airport from tomorrow
- 11.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to create modern tourism industry
- 10.04.2018More than 627,000 tourists visit Azerbaijan this year
- 07.04.2018Ruslan Guliyev elected president of Global Healthcare Travel Council
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views AITF 2018 fair
- 05.04.2018Minister: Number of tourists increases by 12.5% this year
- 04.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary-General of World Tourism Organization
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expects great tourist flow
- 14.03.2018Pullman Baku Hotel hosts presentation of The M.O.S.T. magazine’s Art issue
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan, India negotiating to organize direct flights
- 05.03.2018Georgia sees decline in tourist arrivals from Azerbaijan last month
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2017Minister:Nearly 2 million tourists visited Azerbaijan this year
- 08.05.2017Booking.com cooperates with hotels illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh
- 11.05.2017First Baku Shopping Festival comes to an end
- 11.05.2017Madrid hosting UNWTO session under chairmanship of Abulfas Garayev
- 05.05.2017President: All conditions were created in Azerbaijan so that tourists feel themselves comfortable here
- 05.05.2017Last year 5,000 tourists travelled to Hungary from Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 05.05.2017UNWTO Secretary General: We heard important messages from Azerbaijani president