President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Qarabağ SPA and Resort” hotel complex - PHOTOSESSION
Achievements in the fields of sport, culture, arts and other areas in Azerbaijan, which plays the role of a bridge between Europe and Asia, has increased interest of both foreign businessmen and tourists in the country. Important projects implemented in the field of tourism as a result of President Ilham Aliyev’s successful policy lay strong foundations for this.
There has been a big tourist flow to Azerbaijan in the past years. So complex measures are being taken to develop hotel industry in the country. These hotels offer high-quality services to guests. Azerbaijan, which aims to strengthen its position among developed countries, is hosting a large number of high-profile international events. The development of the non-oil sector is also among key priorities for the country.
The construction of “Qarabağ SPA and Resort” hotel complex is one of the important steps in this field. This complex is an important tourism facility not only for Naftalan, but also for the entire region.
President Ilham Aliyev cut the ribbon symbolizing the official opening of the complex.
It was said that the construction of the facility started in 2012. One of the factors increasing the importance of this complex, which occupies a total area of more than 13 hectares, is that there are many recreation facilities in its area. There is a tennis court, a basketball ground and a golf course. There is also a helipad, 8 km-long walking areas and green areas.
The five-storey facility will offer high-quality services to tourists. The complex, which includes several blocks, once again demonstrates the government’s support of the tourism sector in the country. There are restaurants and cafes in the hotel, which also offer SPA therapy services.
The hotel, which has 132 rooms, can accommodate up to 264 people. The majority of employees here are locals.
President Ilham Aliyev met with staff of the hotel.
A picture was taken then.
The head of state and his wife toured the area by an electrocar.
- 04.07.2018Direct flights to be launched between Azerbaijan and Pakistan
- 18.05.2018Ambassador: Tajikistan attaches particular importance to ecological and health tourism
- 14.05.2018Fifteen countries’ citizens to be able to obtain visas at Azerbaijan’s airport from tomorrow
- 11.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to create modern tourism industry
- 10.04.2018More than 627,000 tourists visit Azerbaijan this year
- 07.04.2018Ruslan Guliyev elected president of Global Healthcare Travel Council
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views AITF 2018 fair
- 05.04.2018Minister: Number of tourists increases by 12.5% this year
- 04.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary-General of World Tourism Organization
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expects great tourist flow
- 14.03.2018Pullman Baku Hotel hosts presentation of The M.O.S.T. magazine’s Art issue
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan, India negotiating to organize direct flights
- 05.03.2018Georgia sees decline in tourist arrivals from Azerbaijan last month
- 17.02.2018Dollar set for another weekly loss, euro at three-year high
- 16.02.2018Ambassador: I hope number of people traveling from Italy to Azerbaijan will increase
- 09.02.2018Four countries to launch cruises on Caspian Sea from next year
- 06.02.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens visiting Georgia’s protected territories announced
- 02.02.2018Minister: Russia builds ships for cruise on Caspian Sea
- 31.01.2018President issues decree on improvement of visa issuance procedure for foreigners in airports
- 31.01.2018Minister: Reputation of Azerbaijan’s tourism lowered after cancellation of licences
- 30.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev views plans to develop Shahdagh tourism complex
- 08.01.2018Kvartal-95 humor group holds concert in Gabala
- 05.01.2018XII International Veselo Humour and Music Festival kicks off in Gabala
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan, Czech Republic may relaunch direct flights
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan to issue e-visa for tourists in three hours
- 11.12.2017Foreigners spend AZN 871.6M in Azerbaijan this year
- 11.12.2017Nearly 2.5 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in January-November 2017
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: 250,000 foreigners came to Azerbaijan using "ASAN visa" this year
- 18.11.2017Agreement on Azerbaijan’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai signed
- 10.11.2017Bahram Bagirzade: Everyone should do their best to promote Shopping Festival
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan, Ajaristan discuss preparation of tourism packages
- 19.10.2017Minister: More tourists now traveling to Azerbaijan by bus and car
- 18.10.2017Deputy Minister: Hotels’ requirement of marriage certificate is illegal
- 12.10.2017Abulfas Garayev: Second Shopping Festival will stimulate tourist flow to Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Foreign tourists have spent 1.3 bln manats in Azerbaijan this year
- 10.10.2017Program of fourth Baku International Tourism Film Festival announced
- 02.10.2017Safari Park created in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia’s revenues from tourism near $400M
- 27.09.2017Minister of Culture and Tourism comments on reactions to behavior of tourists in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2014Azerbaijan sees increase in number of tourists
- 12.01.2015British company’s activity may be banned in Azerbaijan for arranging tours to Nagorno-Karabakh – Ministry
- 11.03.2015Ebulfez Garayev: “2.5 mln tourists travelled to Azerbaijan last year”
- 08.09.2014Azerbaijan grants star certificates to 11 hotels
- 27.05.2014Ministry: 60-70% of Caspian sea is suitable for tourism
- 27.05.2014Number of Azerbaijani tourists traveling to Dubai increases by 32%