13 foreigners arrested for illegally living in Azerbaijan
5 Pakistani, 5 Indian, 1 Philippine, 1 Turkish and 1 Kazakh citizens illegally living in Azerbaijan have been detained in the latest anti-migration operations conducted by the State Migration Service (SMS), APA reported.
According to the SMS, 5 Pakistani citizens (Gasim Malik Ghulam, Zahid Abdul Majeed, Saleem Tamoor, Usman Muhammad, Kohna Irshad Ali Khan) were found guilty of illegal migrating to the country with electronic visas.
An Indian citizen, Navdeep Saklani, who was detained in an operation , promised his compatriots (Gurmukh Singh, Singh Dilbag, Armindin Singh, Rajanpreet Singh) temporary employment and a paid job in Azerbaijan for them, as a result of which they would become illegal immigrants. He appealed to the SMS for getting a temporary residence as deputy director of Singh Company LLC for A.Dilbag and deputy director of "Singhs and Indian" LLC for S.Dilbag. After their applications were rejected as their companies did not exist, they still stayed the country.
In addition, considering the likelihood that a Philippine citizen would be forced to work, materials were sent to the Interior Ministry’s Main Department for Combating Human Trafficking.
It became clear that a citizen of Kazakhstan, Larisa Varfolomeyeva, has been living illegally in the country since 1994 and Turkish citizen Ali Güneş since 2015.
The detainees have been brought administrative responsibility against.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village
- 18.01.2018Nearly 93% of murders in Baku solved – police chief
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 05.01.2018Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 09.08.2017Investigator of Baku City Prosecutor’s Office arrested - EXCLUSIVE
- 12.08.2017Two men detained for demanding money from foreigners
- 17.08.2017Information on placement of explosive in car in Baku not confirmed
- 07.08.2017Lawyer: Hearing on Nail Allahverdiyev’s case held by Khatai District Court with his own participation
- 03.08.2017Russian historian-scientist summoned to Investigative Committee on basis of Armenian claims
- 31.07.2017Investigative group created over murder of 1-year-old Zahra by Armenians