$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
"As a result of the investigative measures taken by prosecutors and law enforcement agencies to detect and prevent crimes committed against the economic interests of the country, a sufficient body of evidence has been gathered with regard to functioners of the Azerbaijan Popular Front Party (APFP) Ali Karimli, Ganimat Zayidov, Saleh Rustamov, Vidadi Rustamli, Agil Maharramov, Ruslan Nasirov, Babek Hasanov and others, Baku city residents Jeyhun Huseynov, Rauf Isgandarov, Heydar Ahmadov, Tural Mehdikhanov legalizing a large amount of dirty money gained from illegal entrepreneurship activities to finance events held in our country and abroad against our state, statehood and national interests,” the Prosecutor General's Office and the Ministry of Internal Affairs said in a joint statement on Saturday, APA reports.
According to the statement, Salih Rustamov, who lives in the Russian Federation, has propagated in Russia for the funding of the APFP’s activities.
Saleh Rustamov has delivered $ 30,000, which he collected from different Azerbaijani citizens every month, to Vidadi Rustamov through Jeyhun Huseynov, Rauf Isgandarov, Heydar Ahmadov and Tural Mehdikhanov, who were engaged in illegal money transferring in Baku.
This money then reached Agil Maharramov, Ruslan Nasirov, Babak Hasanov, and to APFP functioners. They are suspected of spending $412,000 of that money on the APFP and legalizing large amounts of dirty money.
During interrogation, Babek Hasanov, Ruslan Nasirov, and Agil Maharramov admitted their acts, stating that they received the money sent by Saleh Rustamov from Moscow from Vidadi Rustamli and delivered it to Ali Karimli and others. Their homes were searched and a number of bank cards and other documents were found as evidence of illegal money circulation and legalization of dirty money.
Charged under Articles 192.3.2, 193-1.3.1 and 193-1.3.2, Saleh Rustamov, Vidadi Rustamli, Agil Maharramov, Ruslan Nasirov, and Babek Hasanov have been remanded.
Search is underway for Eltaj Alisoy, who has evaded from investigation.
The detainees’ right to defence, legal assistance, etc. are fully ensured.
Some information released by mass media outlets or posted on social networking sites are aimed at influencing the investigation and politicizing the case.
Saleh Rustamov was head of the Gadabay district executive authority in 1992-1993.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 29.05.2018Baku Appellate Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 29.05.2018Female member of gang who stole a great deal of money and jewelry from house in Baku arrested
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins