Azerbaijan detains Pakistani, Indian nationals accused of organizing illegal migration channel
Azerbaijan has detained one Indian and 14 Pakistani nationals accused of organizing an illegal migration channel to European countries, the U.S., Ukraine, Russia and Turkey, the State Migration Service told APA.
The investigation revealed that Indian citizen Nema Devi Haibam, who was detained by the Azerbaijani State Migration Service for illegal residence in the country, organized an illegal migration channel mainly for citizens of Eastern countries through Azerbaijan to Europe, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey.
Moreover, Pakistani national Seyyed Muhammed Farrukh Razi, aka “Shah”, acted as an intermediary for foreigners interested in moving to Europe and established contacts between them and Indian citizen Haibam.
Haibam got fake Schengen visas for Pakistani citizens Nadeem Muhammad and Shahzad Adnan for a certain amount of money with help and participation of some people living in Pakistan. However, the abovementioned Pakistanis failed their attempts to leave Azerbaijan for Italy on January 12, 2018. Thus, Haibam did not fulfill his promise and give them the visas.
Moreover, Haibam had directly dealt with other 6 foreigners and also deceived them, as a result of which they became illegal migrants. Besides, in a course of investigation, it was revealed that Haibam was creating ties with people organizing illegal departure of foreigners to the US and other countries on the international level.
Thus, Nema Devi Haibam and Syyed Muhammed Farrukh Razi had deceived foreigners, embezzling a large amount of money and creating a basis for illegal migration. Illegal actions of the abovementioned foreigners were proved, facts were confirmed and persons organizing illegal migration were identified and neutralized.
The State Migration Service continues to take measures to combat illegal migration.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service, Financial Market Supervisory Authority conduct join operation
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani MES to hold firefighting training
- 24.01.2018Five dismissed from prosecuting authorities in Baku
- 25.01.2018Turkish businessman’s house robbed in Baku
- 22.01.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan continues
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service exposes big network engaged in currency smuggling
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village