Police officers martyred in Ganja events laid to rest - UPDATED
A farewell ceremony for the two police officers who were martyred while suppressing the unrest in the Azerbaijani city of Ganja on July 10 has completed, APA's local bureau reports.
Deputy Interior Minister Oruj Zalov, other high ranking officials of the Interior Ministry, representatives of the Ganja City Executive Authority and the public attended the farewell ceremony, which was held at the Ganja City Main Police Office.
After the farewell ceremony, Deputy Chief of the Ganja City Main Police Office Colonel Ilgar Balakishiyev and Deputy Chief of the Ganja’s Nizami District Police Department Colonel-Lieutenant Samad Abbasov were laid to rest in the Alley of Martyrs in Ganja.
A farewell ceremony for the two police officers who were martyred while suppressing the unrest in the Azerbaijani city of Ganja on July 10 has started at the Ganja City Main Police Office.
Deputy Interior Minister Oruj Zalov, other high ranking officials of the Interior Ministry, representatives of the Ganja City Executive Authority and the public are attending the farewell ceremony, APA's local bureau reports.
The deceased police officers will be buried in the Alley of Martyrs in Ganja.
On July 10, about 200 religious radicals illegally gathered at a square outside the Ganja City Executive Authority to violate the public order in the city. The radicals, having ignored numerous police warnings, attacked law enforcement officers with sharp and blunt objects.
As a result of the measures taken, illegal actions of the radicals were prevented, and 40 people were detained. The rest left the scene.
Two police officers – Deputy Chief of the Ganja City Main Police Office Colonel Ilgar Balakishiyev and Deputy Chief of the Ganja’s Nizami District Police Department Colonel-Lieutenant Samad Abbasov were martyred while preventing the unrest.
- 21.07.2018Ganja events: Eight more criminals detained, one liquidated
- 19.07.2018Necessary measures being taken to release Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians: Bar Association
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani police neutralize 47 groups accused of committing grave crimes in H1 2018
- 14.07.2018Three more people arrested in Azerbaijan over Ganja events
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijan’s interior minister convenes board meeting
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan arrests 3, opens 21 criminal cases over open terrorist calls
- 13.07.201811 active participants of Ganja events detained, one liquated
- 12.07.2018Nine arrested over events in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 11.07.2018Three people drown in Caspian Sea
- 07.07.2018Fire that broke out in Yardimli mountains contained
- 06.07.2018Three people drown in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Yunis Safarov is radical-minded person, say relatives
- 06.07.2018Reps of Azerbaijan Anti-Torture Committee meets Yunis Safarov
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement authorities issue joint statement on armed attack on Ganja city mayor
- 05.07.2018Ministry: Fire in territory of Azerbaijan Thermal Power Plant extinguished - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list for fighting against NATO forces
- 04.07.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov visits Mingachevir
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijan sets up commission to investigate cross country power failure
- 03.07.2018Deputy PM and Azerenergy chairman visit Mingachevir
- 02.07.2018Over 2,000 crimes are solved in Azerbaijan every year – interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan hit by another earthquake
- 29.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s north
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijani faces terrorist propaganda charge in Georgia for anti-Armenian Facebook post
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.07.2018Fire breaks out in Azerbaijan forest belt
- 11.07.2018Police officers killed in Ganja showed loyalty to state – deputy interior minister
- 11.07.2018Suspect in murder of police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja detained
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan launches manhunt for two suspects in Ganja events
- 10.07.2018State Security Service: Over 1,000 Azerbaijanis went to Syrian conflict zone
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case against provocative calls on social networks