Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol’s wanted list after falsifying documents for getting ‘political shelter’
The Investigation Department for Grave Crimes under the Prosecutor General's Office of Azerbaijan is conducting an investigation into a number of Azerbaijani citizens falsifying some official documents for the purpose of obtaining a permit to stay in foreign countries under the pretext of seeking “political shelter” over their rights being violated and facing persecutions because of their political views.
The investigative measures conducted into the criminal case revealed reasonable suspicions that Baku resident Rauf Huseynov, who left Azerbaijan on 4 May 2017, falsified official documents for the purpose of obtaining “political shelter”, the Prosecutor General’s Office told APA.
These documents contained falsified information on his involvement in criminal prosecution. Rauf Huseynov also alleged that he was summoned to the police together with his wife Amaliya Seyidova and daughter.
It was found out that Huseynov submitted documents with forged seals and signatures to the migration authorities of the country where he sought “political asylum”.
A criminal case has been launched against Huseynov under Articles 320.1 (forgery, manufacturing or selling of official documents, state awards, seals, stamps, forms or use of counterfeit documents) and 320.2 of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan’s law enforcement authorities issued an international arrest warrant for Huseynov in absentia.
Currently, complex investigative actions and search are underway to disclose the illegal acts of Huseynov in the pursuit of obtaining a permit to live in a foreign country as a seeker of “political shelter”.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani border village
- 18.01.2018Nearly 93% of murders in Baku solved – police chief
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized
- 16.01.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018More details emerge of detention of Russian scientist in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Interior Minister: 1,028 criminal groups accused of committing 2,698 crimes neutralized in Azerbaijan last year
- 13.01.2018Artillery shells found in Aghdam’s Guzanli
- 13.01.2018Attic of residential house collapses in Shirvan, one person gets stuck under
- 13.01.2018Two detained in Azerbaijan over hoax call about terror attack, police say
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijani police seize over 5.5 kg of drugs
- 12.01.2018Afgan Mukhtarli sentenced to 6 years in prison - UPDATED
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani custom officers prevent sturgeon smuggling
- 11.01.2018Border guards detain three persons who tried to illegally leave Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Vehicle carrying film crew of Azerbaijani TV channel crashes into barrier
- 09.01.2018Austrian mountaineer says 'it would be easier to find missing Azerbaijani climbers if they equipped with special devices'
- 09.01.2018Deputy Minister: Sports club directly responsible for not providing missing mountaineers with necessary equipment
- 09.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijani mountaineers will continue – ministry
- 09.01.2018Operational headquarters created to conduct search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan holds meeting
- 09.01.2018Iranian woman, daughter detained at Baku airport with fake passports
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case after mountain climbers go missing - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan hit by earthquake
- 05.01.2018Baku police detain persons over false notification of bomb threat in hotel and storage
- 05.01.2018Prosecutor General: Persons accused of committing most resonant crimes in Azerbaijan last year exposed
- 04.01.20189 killed, 45 injured in Azerbaijan road accidents during holidays
- 03.01.2018Russia puts Azerbaijani on Interpol wanted list on terror charges
- 30.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers
- 30.12.2017Cybercriminal who stole money from Azerbaijani banks detained and extradited to Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2017ANAMA specialists involved in search for missing mountain climbers
- 29.12.2017Bodies of Azerbaijanis killed in car crash in Russia brought to homeland
- 29.12.2017Search underway for missing mountain climbers in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Additional rescue team joins search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Search underway for missing climbers in Azerbaijan, special headquarters set up
- 27.12.2017One of missing Azerbaijani climbers is employee of Interior Ministry’s press service
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani MES releases information on missing mountain climbers
- 14.12.2017181 UXOs found in Khizi
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in Armenian ceasefire violation laid to rest
- 15.12.2017Sri Lankan citizen dies in Azerbaijan’s tourism center
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan Security Service: 16 terrorists eliminated while showing armed resistance
- 14.12.2017Safe containing AZN 100K stolen from Baku resident’s house
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 1,442 people, including 423 children rendered first aid in emergencies this year