Russian scientist returns home after detention in Azerbaijan
Dmitry Chulkov, an employee of the Institute of Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences returned to Russia following the detention in Azerbaijan.
“Russian citizen Dmitry Chulkov is already on the territory of the Russian Federation,” the Embassy of Russia in Baku told APA.
Russian media earlier reported that Dmitry Chulkov, an employee of the Institute of Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, went missing on Jan. 5.
The unpleasant incident faced by Russian citizen Dmitry Chulkov in Azerbaijan was the result of his own mistake, law enforcement agencies told APA.
Dmitry Chulkov approached one of the military units in Azerbaijan’s Goygol district, entered a prohibited area and began to take photos of the military unit in that area. He continued shooting, ignoring the demands of the soldiers. In this case, police officers arrived at the site. However, the Russian citizen also ignored their legitimate demands.
As a result, law enforcement authorities conducted an investigation and sent the collected materials on Dmitry Chulkov to the Goygol district court.
On Jan. 5, the court ruled Dmitriy Chulkov to be sentenced to 10 days of administrative arrest under Article 535 of the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Later, Dmitry Chulkov acknowledged his mistake and also apologized for his actions.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service, Financial Market Supervisory Authority conduct join operation
- 21.05.2018Baku café explosion: Two dead, two injured - UPDATED-2
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani citizen buried in cemetery of the nameless after committing suicide in Turkey
- 21.05.2018$30,000 and jewelry items worth AZN 100,000 stolen from home in Baku
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan detains Iranian national for attempting to smuggle 10 Scottish Fold kittens to Iran
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan's Pardon Issues Commission considers about 1,100 appeals - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains two over sale of fake excise stamps
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake visas
- 16.05.2018Bodies of all three missing Azerbaijani mountaineers found - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Two houses destroyed after landslide hits Bayil slope in Baku
- 14.05.2018Missile discovered in Goranboy forest
- 08.05.2018Fire in house kills husband and wife in Masalli
- 07.05.2018Baku court commences trial of Moldova citizen accused of stealing about AZN1.5 million from Azerbaijani bank
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan reveals organized group engaged in illicit medicines trade
- 04.05.2018Baku drug rehab center director arrested over 2 March fire accident
- 03.05.20182 persons detained for demanding $50,000 from head of energy drink company in Azerbaijan
- 02.05.2018Remains of 6 Azerbaijanis killed in World War II found in Russia
- 02.05.2018Foreigners detained in Baku for attempting to exchange counterfeit money in bank
- 01.05.20181 killed, 6 injured in nasty traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijan detains five foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 28.04.2018No one was injured in fire in Baku high-rise – Deputy Minister - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED-5
- 28.04.2018Emergency Situations Ministry issues statement on Baku high-rise fire
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners for attempting to get to Europe on fake passports
- 26.04.2018Former Azerbaijani MP Huseyn Abdullayev faces additional charges
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards foil drug smuggling attempt
- 24.04.2018Details emerge of armed assault on Azerbaijani family in Georgia - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Department names most corrupted spheres
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan concludes investigation of 214 criminal cases against 305 officials in 2017
- 17.01.2018Pistol found in Baku cemetery
- 17.01.2018Three injured as car carrying Arab tourists overturns in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan puts 34 people on Interpol wanted list on corruption charges
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Dept: Properties worth AZN 15 mln of people accused of corruption seized