French media outlets notified of Rahim Namazov not being a journalist: Azerbaijani Embassy
Azerbaijan’s Embassy in France is closely following the investigation of the assassination attempt against Azerbaijani Rahim Namazov (Shakinskiy) in the French city of Toulouse, the embassy said in a response to APA’s inquiry.
The embassy said in a statement that it closely cooperates with France’s Foreign Ministry, investigative bodies and law-enforcement authorities of Toulouse in this regard.
“The embassy was late to comment on the incident because it took time to investigate the issue and get more accurate information,” says the statement.
The statement further notes that the Azerbaijani Embassy in France is interested in an objective investigation of the incident because the issue is being distorted.
“French media introduced Rahim Namazov as a journalist as he presented himself a journalist in order to get a residence permit in France. He declared through social networks that he was allegedly subjected to political persecution in Azerbaijan and left the country because his life was in danger,” the embassy said in the statement.
The embassy sent a letter to French media outlets stating that Rahim Namazov is not a journalist, reads the statement.
“After the embassy's intervention, nearly 15 media outlets covered the embassy's position. We've also made such announcements through social networks,” the statement says.
The Toulouse Journalists’ Association also reported that it does not have information about such a journalist.
Rahim Namazov (Shakinskiy), an Azerbaijani man living in France, was shot and wounded in the city of Toulouse on March 30.
Namazov was opened fire at in a drive-by shooting while traveling by car with his wife.
His wife died in the attack, while Rahim was seriously wounded and hospitalized.
It is worth noting that although some French sites have referred to Rahim as a journalist, he has long been known as ‘Rahim Shakinskiy’ on social networks. He is said to have released videos and audios insulting notorious criminals, such as Nadir Salifov (Lotu Guli).
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 05.04.201873 kg of explosives found in Azerbaijan’s Goygol
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court reaches verdict to release executive director of internet TV ‘Kanal-13’
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani shot dead in Ukraine’s Kharkiv
- 29.03.2018Two detained in Baku over production of counterfeit alcoholic beverages
- 28.03.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 28.03.2018Arab tourist reported missing in Baku found
- 27.03.2018Arab tourist goes missing in Baku
- 26.03.2018Minister: 64 people killed in Russian shopping centre fire
- 26.03.2018Man showing armed resistance to police destroyed
- 26.03.2018FM: No Azerbaijani among those injured and killed in the fire broke out in Russia - UPDATED
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani citizen detained while attempting to smuggle 40kg of jewelry to Georgia
- 22.03.2018Prisoner’s brother attempts to carry narcotic substance inside his nose to prison
- 22.03.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards prevent another drug smuggling attempt
- 20.03.2018Bulgarian and Azerbaijani citizens die in car crash in Goygol
- 20.03.2018Car crashes into tree, 2 dead and 3 injured
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes 44 foreigners for drug trafficking in 2017
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two suspected drug smugglers
- 19.03.2018Baku police seize nearly 36 kg of drugs in two days
- 16.03.2018Six people killed in car crash on Aghsu-Kurdamir highway
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan puts gang member accused of killing hostage on Interpol wanted list
- 16.03.2018Criminal case against ex-chairman of management board of Azerbaijani bank sent to court
- 15.03.2018Trial resumed for ex-employees of Azerbaijani National Security Ministry
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani State Security Service reveals gang engaged in illegal human organ trade
- 14.03.2018Cyber-swindler detained in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Five Azerbaijani families may be evicted from their homes in Tbilisi
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani Coast Guard rescues fishermen from stormy sea
- 12.03.2018Iranian citizens detained in Baku over smuggling of drugs
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani border guards prevent drug smuggling attempt
- 03.04.2018Director of Shaki Regional Perinatal Center detained
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, Interior Ministry comment on statement of former MNS official
- 03.04.2018Fire occurs in building settled by IDPs in Baku, 55 evacuated
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case regarding Armenia plundering Azerbaijan's natural resources
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijani killed in Kharkiv identified - EXCLUSIVE
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani man shot and wounded in France after insulting crime bosses