Kamaladdin Heydarov: 12371 fire accidents recorded in Azerbaijan this year
Work on improving the material and technical base of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) was continued in 2017, said Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov.
He made the remarks on Thursday at a meeting dedicated to the 12th anniversary of the establishment of MES, APA reported.
The minister said that this year the operational condition was in the focus of attention and the serious consequences of fire accidents were prevented.
Heydarov added that 12371 fire accidents were recorded in Azerbaijan, including 3965 in Baku during the reporting period.
“Every day 37 fire accidents were recorded on average, and firefighters rescued one person every three days. The number of those rescued from fires increased compared the same period of 2016,” said the minister.
He noted that 25 thousand hectares of forests were protected from forest fires and 85 thousand hectares of area were protected during fires in sowing areas.
“During the reporting period firefighting forces were on duty of 16 cotton reception centers, and operatively extinguished 40 fires that broke out in cotton fields,” he said.
The minister pointed out that this year 98 state facilities, 296 private facilities, 289 multi-storey buildings, 532 private houses and 248 equipment units for various purposed were protected during firefighting efforts, and 109 people were rescued.
Heydarov emphasized that security deficiencies related with gas were revealed in more than 3900 apartments and private houses, gas departments were given relevant instructions to remove these deficiencies.
“As a result of immediate measures taken, no fire accidents were recorded at venues and facilities during the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games and Formula 1 race,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Masked gunmen burst into house of Azerbaijani family in Georgia
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court upholds State Security Service’s AZN 1M lawsuit against liquidated MNS
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against ex-employees of liquidated national security ministry
- 23.04.2018State Security Service: Illegal religious complex revealed in Baku
- 20.04.2018Three artillery shells found on territory of police station in Baku
- 20.04.2018Court to pronounce verdict against ex-employees of liquidated MNS on April 23
- 19.04.2018Shells and grenade discovered around reservoir in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201853 Azerbaijani citizens convicted abroad repatriated in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani citizen on Interpol wanted list on fraud charges
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani female member of Georgian criminal gang detained in France
- 16.04.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 13.04.2018Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 12.04.2018Five Sri Lanka citizens detained in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Man who brought illegal drugs worth $40,000 to Azerbaijan detained
- 11.04.2018Mother dies after giving birth in Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Several Nardaran residents detained for illegal arms storage
- 05.04.201873 kg of explosives found in Azerbaijan’s Goygol
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court reaches verdict to release executive director of internet TV ‘Kanal-13’
- 03.04.2018Fire occurs in building settled by IDPs in Baku, 55 evacuated
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office, Interior Ministry comment on statement of former MNS official
- 03.04.2018Director of Shaki Regional Perinatal Center detained
- 02.04.2018French media outlets notified of Rahim Namazov not being a journalist: Azerbaijani Embassy
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijan opens criminal case regarding Armenia plundering Azerbaijan's natural resources
- 31.03.2018Azerbaijani killed in Kharkiv identified - EXCLUSIVE
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani man shot and wounded in France after insulting crime bosses
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani shot dead in Ukraine’s Kharkiv
- 29.03.2018Two detained in Baku over production of counterfeit alcoholic beverages
- 28.03.2018Search for missing mountaineers in Azerbaijan’s Guba continues
- 28.03.2018Arab tourist reported missing in Baku found
- 27.03.2018Arab tourist goes missing in Baku
- 26.03.2018Minister: 64 people killed in Russian shopping centre fire
- 26.03.2018Man showing armed resistance to police destroyed
- 26.03.2018FM: No Azerbaijani among those injured and killed in the fire broke out in Russia - UPDATED
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani citizen detained while attempting to smuggle 40kg of jewelry to Georgia
- 22.03.2018Prisoner’s brother attempts to carry narcotic substance inside his nose to prison
- 22.03.2018Azerbaijan’s border guards prevent another drug smuggling attempt
- 20.03.2018Bulgarian and Azerbaijani citizens die in car crash in Goygol
- 20.03.2018Car crashes into tree, 2 dead and 3 injured
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes 44 foreigners for drug trafficking in 2017
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan detains two suspected drug smugglers
- 14.12.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: 1,442 people, including 423 children rendered first aid in emergencies this year
- 14.12.2017Safe containing AZN 100K stolen from Baku resident’s house
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan Security Service: 16 terrorists eliminated while showing armed resistance
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani MES: 296 people rescued from drowning this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan identifies 10 people suspected of ties with foreign intelligence agencies
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 503 trespassers