Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
Joint comprehensive operational search and preventive measures were taken in border districts of Azerbaijan and Russia on June 4-10, the Azerbaijani Interior Ministry told APA.
The operations were conducted in line with an agreement signed between the Azerbaijani and Russian interior ministries.
The main purpose of the operations was to expose and neutralize transnational organized criminal groups, establish and suppress channels for the receipt of weapons, explosives and devices, narcotic drugs, as well as financial and material means aimed at the implementation of other illegal actions, as well as to execute decisions on border cooperation issues.
As a result of the operations conducted in Azerbaijan’s Gusar, Guba, Khachmaz, Zagatala, Sheki, Balakan, Gabala, Gakh and Oguz districts and Russia’s border districts of Dagestan Republic, 42 people wanted for various crimes, including 11 declared wanted by Russia, were detained. Moreover, 4 people, reported missing, were found and 54 other were detained for non-payment of public debt.
Nine automatic weapons, one machine gun, 6 pistols, 69 rifles, 36 grenades, 29 units of clips, 18 units of various military equipment, and 5,700 cartridges of various caliber were seized from the detainees.
As a result of the operations, 19 drug-related facts were discovered, as well as 13,600 cannabis shrubs with a weight of more than 3 tons were destroyed.
In addition, 15 different crimes committed in the Azerbaijan’s border districts were solved.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 30.05.2018Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018Female member of gang who stole a great deal of money and jewelry from house in Baku arrested
- 29.05.2018Baku Appellate Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national