Details emerge of murder of teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan's Shirvan - UPDATED
Rovshan Aghayev, a former employee of the Shirvan city department of the State Security Service, has admitting to having paid Khankaram Karimov to kill Saraykhanim Abdullayeva (born in 1956), who was reported missing on May 24.
It has been found out that the murderer took the victim to a place near the “Cənub” power plant and choked her to death with a cellophane sheet.
After having been kept in the car for 7-8 hours, the body was taken by the murderer and Rovshan Aghayev and disposed of in a mountainous area in Shamakhy’s Goylar village.
Details emerge of murder of teacher who went missing in Shirvan
Details have emerged of the murder of Shirvan city resident Saraykhanim Abdullayeva (born in 1956), who was reported missing on May 24.
It has turned out that former Security Service official Rovshan Aghayev received 27,000 manats from Saraykhanim Abdullayeva in return for his son who was imprisoned on drug charges to be released. Nevertheless, her son was not released from prison, nor was she given the money back.
Resident of Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city Saraykhanim Abdullayeva (born in 1956), who went missing on May 24, has been found dead in the area of Shamakhy’s Goylar village, APA reported.
Law enforcement experts are currently at the scene.
APA has learned that the deceased has been murdered by Hajigabul district resident Khankaram Karimov (born in 1992), who has been captured.
He is believed to have been paid by former Security Service official Rovshan Aghayev to kill the woman.
According to a joint statement issued by the Azerbaijani State Security Service and the Prosecutor General’s Office, the State Security Service has detained Mehman Agharzayev and Nariman Sadigov for smuggling a great deal of illegal drugs (including 1,565g heroin, 500 pill of methadone and psychotropic substances) from Iran to Azerbaijan.
The two detainees have been put on remand.
Meanwhile, Shirvan city resident Khayal Abdullayev has been found to be an accomplice in the aforementioned crime and remanded as 258 tablets of psychotropic substance of pregabalin with a total weight of 77.4 grams were found in his home.
Further investigations revealed that Rovshan Aghayev, an official of the State Security Service’s Shirvan department who began working for the liquidated Ministry of Security Service in 2006, has in collaboration with another Shirvan resident and swindled a large amount of money from Shirvan resident Saraykhanim Abdullayeva in return for her son to be released from prison.
It has become clear that Abdullayeva went missing on May 24, 2018.
Aghayev has thus been dismissed from the Security Service and detained along with Matlab Amirov, with whom he collaborated.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani police seize large quantity of drugs
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan’s state bodies issue joint statement on facts of poisoning in cotton fields
- 22.06.2018Details emerge of detention of Azerbaijani bank’s former senior official
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan detains 2 foreigners with fake documents
- 20.06.2018Body of missing Azerbaijani student found in Lake Albona in Italy - UPDATED
- 20.06.2018Rockets found in Shirvan National Park
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at restaurant in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MES releases statement on fire at building material store in Baku - UPDATED
- 19.06.2018MENR conducting monitoring and investigation at fire scene
- 18.06.2018Georgia police detain affiliates of Azerbaijani mafia boss
- 15.06.2018Gazakh resident receives bullet wound in unknown circumstances
- 14.06.2018Daycare worker accused of child maltreatment jailed for 3 months
- 14.06.201856 passports found in water channel in Azerbaijan’s Imishli
- 14.06.2018Police officer who fled scene after fatal crash in Baku arrested
- 13.06.2018Large quantity of ammo seized in ops at Azerbaijan-Russia border
- 13.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli Knesset speaker
- 12.06.2018Bridges, roads destroyed after heavy rains in Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani court orders extradition of Iranian national
- 08.06.2018Imprisoned lawyer Emin Aslan refutes media reports
- 08.06.2018$70,000 burgled from apartment in Baku
- 07.06.2018ICRC representatives meet with Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 07.06.2018MFA: Search underway for missing Azerbaijani student in Italy’s Lake Albano
- 06.06.2018Ombudsman’s Office releases information about Emin Aslanov
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over collapse of bridge over Goychay River
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani court decides man wanted my Germany be extradited to Turkey
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister examines quake-affected houses in Zagatala
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani emergency situations minister arrives in quake-hit Zagatala district - UPDATED
- 06.06.2018Zagatala earthquake: Tremors lasted for half a minute
- 06.06.2018Ramin Hajili, banned from leaving Azerbaijan due to his debts, detained at border with Georgia
- 05.06.2018Lawyer Emin Aslan gets 30 days in jail
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan’s law enforcement officers eliminate armed trespasser
- 02.06.2018Traffic accident kills 1 and injures 11 in Jalilabad
- 01.06.2018Firefighters extinguish fire at State Social Protection Fund building - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018Female member of gang who stole a great deal of money and jewelry from house in Baku arrested
- 29.05.2018Baku Appellate Court rejects Akif Chovdarov's appeal
- 26.05.2018$412,000 financial fraud exposed in APFP - OFFICIAL STATEMENT
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijan completes execution of presidential order on pardon
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry denies reports of former executive authority head’s death in prison
- 25.05.2018Execution of pardon order begins
- 24.05.2018Two dead bodies found on boat in Caspian Sea – ministry - UPDATED-1
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan detains 3 foreigners with fake documents
- 31.05.2018Judge of Baku Appellate Court passes away
- 01.06.20184 foreigners prevented from violating Azerbaijani state border
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijan detains six foreigners for border trespassing attempt
- 29.05.2018Female teacher reported missing in Azerbaijan’s Shirvan city killed
- 29.05.2018Azerbaijani security service official gets arrested - UPDATED