Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
The body of world-renowned Azerbaijani scientist, professor Lotfi Zadeh brought to Baku tonight.
The body taken to the Heydar Mosque and funeral prayer will be performed for him.
A farewell ceremony for the scientist will be held at 12:00-14-00pm at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS).
Following the farewell ceremony, Lotfi Zadeh will be buried in the 1st Alley of Honor and a mourning ceremony will be held in the Heydar Mosque.
Famous Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh died on Sept. 5 aged 96 in California.
Lotfi Zadeh was born in 1921 in Baku to an Iranian Azerbaijani father from Ardabil, Rahim Aleskerzade, who was a journalist on assignment from South Azerbaijan and a Russian Jewish mother, also an Iranian citizen, Fanya Korenman, who was a pediatrician from Odessa.
In 1931, when Lotfi Zadeh was ten years old, his family moved to Tehran in Iran, his father's homeland. There he continued his education in English in a private Presbyterian school in Tehran. After high school, he sat for the national university exams and placed second in the entire country. In 1942, he was graduated from the University of Tehran in electrical engineering.
During World War II, he moved to the US and took a Master's degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1946 and a Ph.D. from Columbia (New York) in 1949, where he began teaching systems theory.
Since 1959, Lotfi Zadeh has taught at Berkeley, first in the Electrical Engineering (EE) Department where he became Chair in 1963, and later in the Computer Science Division (EECS).
It's a vivid example of how in real life Lotfi Zadeh shuns abrupt absolute categories that don't take into account life's complexities. It's the same kind of thinking that characterizes Fuzzy Logic, an unorthodox theory which he invented which is impacting computer technology.
Lotfi Zadeh was also credited, along with John R. Ragazzini, in 1952, with having pioneered the development of the z-transform method in discrete time signal processing and analysis. These methods are now standard in digital signal processing, digital control, and other discrete-time systems used in industry and research. He was an editor of International Journal of Computational Cognition
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijan's firefighters continue to battle Georgia wildfires, set up field tents
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani ministry’s rescue team involved in extinguishing forest fires in Georgia
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 14.08.2017Large amount of money and jewelry stolen in house in Baku
- 10.08.2017The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information on the fire in Binagadi district
- 06.08.2017Fire occurs at the dormitory in Sumgayit, 15 residents rescued, 20 were evacuated
- 03.08.20172 killed, 1 injured in a fatal traffic accident in Baku
- 26.07.2017Reasons of suicide committed in Shamkir known - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Turkish plane is rerouted to Algiers after false bomb alert
- 21.07.2017Magnitude 6.7 quake hits Turkey’s west coast, up to 70 people injured
- 18.07.2017Incident occurred among fans of Samtredia FC and Garabagh FC in Tbilisi
- 05.07.2017452 kg drugs burned in Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijan initiates criminal case over Armenian provocative acts
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires