Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
The body of world-renowned Azerbaijani scientist, professor Lotfi Zadeh brought to Baku tonight.
The body taken to the Heydar Mosque and funeral prayer will be performed for him.
A farewell ceremony for the scientist will be held at 12:00-14-00pm at the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS).
Following the farewell ceremony, Lotfi Zadeh will be buried in the 1st Alley of Honor and a mourning ceremony will be held in the Heydar Mosque.
Famous Azerbaijani scientist Lotfi Zadeh died on Sept. 5 aged 96 in California.
Lotfi Zadeh was born in 1921 in Baku to an Iranian Azerbaijani father from Ardabil, Rahim Aleskerzade, who was a journalist on assignment from South Azerbaijan and a Russian Jewish mother, also an Iranian citizen, Fanya Korenman, who was a pediatrician from Odessa.
In 1931, when Lotfi Zadeh was ten years old, his family moved to Tehran in Iran, his father's homeland. There he continued his education in English in a private Presbyterian school in Tehran. After high school, he sat for the national university exams and placed second in the entire country. In 1942, he was graduated from the University of Tehran in electrical engineering.
During World War II, he moved to the US and took a Master's degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1946 and a Ph.D. from Columbia (New York) in 1949, where he began teaching systems theory.
Since 1959, Lotfi Zadeh has taught at Berkeley, first in the Electrical Engineering (EE) Department where he became Chair in 1963, and later in the Computer Science Division (EECS).
It's a vivid example of how in real life Lotfi Zadeh shuns abrupt absolute categories that don't take into account life's complexities. It's the same kind of thinking that characterizes Fuzzy Logic, an unorthodox theory which he invented which is impacting computer technology.
Lotfi Zadeh was also credited, along with John R. Ragazzini, in 1952, with having pioneered the development of the z-transform method in discrete time signal processing and analysis. These methods are now standard in digital signal processing, digital control, and other discrete-time systems used in industry and research. He was an editor of International Journal of Computational Cognition
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Gunman shooting Calgary police officer
- 24.03.2018Fire breaks out in forest in Azerbaijan’s Lerik and Shabran distrcts
- 07.03.2018Earthquake kills at least 18 in Papua New Guinea
- 02.03.2018One dies, three injured as strong fire occurs in the Republican Narcological Dispensary - UPDATED - 4
- 17.02.2018SOCAR's petrol tanker burst into flames in Georgia
- 09.02.2018Small asteroid will pass very close to Earth on Friday
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan's People's Artist Zarnigar Agakishiyeva dies
- 07.02.2018Fire broke out in Baku, 30 people were evacuated
- 07.02.2018Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Defense Industry releases information on the fire occured in the plant
- 06.02.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminated information in connection with the explosion at the plant in Baku
- 06.02.2018Explosion occurred in Radio engineering plant in Baku, no one injured - UPDATED
- 02.02.2018Boiler room explosion rocks Turkish capital, no casualties: governor
- 26.01.2018South Korea hospital fire kills 33, injures 50
- 26.01.20184 killed in Ukranian helicopter crash
- 23.01.2018A prominent Azerbaijani journalist dies
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires