MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
The search for three missing members of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club, headed from Khinalig village to Tufandag, continues," head of the headquarters, established in the northern regional center of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev, told APA.
According to him, missing Babur Huseynov, Namig Bunyadov and Farida Jabrailzade were supposed to return on December 26: "In the evening around 17-18:00 on December 24 they contacted their friends and reported that, due to bad weather conditions, they would spend the night in a tent . Since that time the connection with the climbers has been lost. We began searches on December 27 and continue it until now. "
According to the representative of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the weather in the area is very cold: "Temperature minus is 10-15 degrees and very large. The thickness of the snow is 5-6 meters. Searches, including a helicopter, are carried out both at the foot of Tufandag and at the highest altitudes. The Mi-17 helicopter of the Ministry of Emergency Situations aviation division, search and rescue teams of the northern regional center, Special Risky Rescue Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, mountaineers-professionals joined to the searches. But there are no results so far. For today the search is completed, it will continue tomorrow. "
Mirzayev noted that today there were found traces, presumably left by climbers: "As our employees informed us, traces were found during the ascent to Tufandag. And some of them are small, most likely female. But they are interrupted after 15 meters. Mobile communication with the missing alpinists was interrupted on December 24 at the foot of Tufandag. Time was wasted. When an insident occurs, people do not appeal right away, but after a while. It would have been better if, in such cases, they immediately informed the relevant authorities about what had happened. Tomorrow morning, the search will continue. "
Director of the Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club Ziya Gasimov told APA that the club members did not have radio transmitters. "They only had mobile phones. In the evening of December 24 they wrote me the last message. We waited two days. After that, the Emergency Ministry, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources were informed."
Three members of Gilavar Air and Extreme Sports Club - Farida Jabrayilzade, Babur Huseynov and Namin Bunyatzade - moving from Khinalig village of Azerbaijan’s Guba District in the direction of Mount Tufandag went missing on Dec. 23.
A Mi-17 helicopter of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situations, a rescue team of the Northern Regional Center, a rescue team and specially trained dogs of the Special Risky Rescue Service of the ministry and a group of volunteers consisting of professional mountaineers are involved in the search operations.
Chief of the MES North Regional Center, Colonel Shahin Mirzayev leads the headquarters.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 30.08.2017Akif Chovdarov’s lawyer asks court for one month to prepare speech
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijan State Security Service prevents smuggling of 44kg drugs
- 30.08.2017119 UXOs and 227 EBOs detected in Khizi region of Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2017Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fires in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Criminal case against Natig Jafarli terminated
- 26.08.2017The first staff of the rescue and fire-fighting team of the MES returned to country from Georgia
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s helicopter involved in tackling fires in Georgia today as well
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan