Petya ransomware virus is back amid cyber attack
Ransomware known as Petya seems to have re-emerged to affect computer systems across Europe, causing issues primarily in Ukraine, Russia, England and India, a Swiss government information technology agency said on Tuesday, APA reports quoting Reuters.
"There have been indications of late that Petya is in circulation again, exploiting the SMB (Server Message Block) vulnerability," the Swiss Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance (MELANI) said in an e-mail.
It said it had no information that Swiss companies had been impacted, but said it was following the situation. The Petya virus was blamed for disrupting systems in 2016.
Russia's top oil producer Rosneft said a large-scale cyber attack hit its servers on Tuesday, with computer systems at some banks and the main airport in neighboring Ukraine also disrupted.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Five SOCAR employees injured in the Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2017Baku police issue arrest warrants for ex-diplomat and ex-spokesman of liquidated SSAC
- 03.07.2017Alexander Lapshin’s mother to testify in court - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017AZAL aircraft returns to Beijing Airport
- 17.06.2017First president of AFFA Fuad Musayev passed away
- 14.06.2017Smoke detected at crippled Chernobyl power plant