The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
The leadership of the General Prosecutor's Office took on special control the investigation of the suicide attempt of the internally displaced person from Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office told APA.
Internally displaced person from the Agdam region Gasimov Mutalib Sary oglu, who lived in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabadi region, on May 1 of this year called the service "102" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and reported the theft of one cattle from pasture. In fact, a criminal case was opened in the investigative department of the Agjabedi district police department. The applicant Gasimov Mutalib informed that he is suspected of the theft of a forced migrant from the Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, who is currently living in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabedi district. To take testimony in the case, V.Huseynov was invited to the department on May 10 and 27, but the latter evaded the investigation without presenting any reasons. After that on May 30, at about 12.55, he, having poured a combustible mixture before the reception of the Prosecutor General's Office, set fire to his clothes. However, the sucide attempt was prevented as a result of the intervention of police officers, who carried out the protection of the building and public order.
After providing emergency medical care, V.Huseynov was placed in the burn department of hospital №5.
During the investigation it was established that V. Huseynov had not previously applied to the Prosecutor General's Office in connection with the dissatisfaction with the investigation in the above case. It should be noted that V. Huseynov was previously tried for theft and by decision of the Agdam District Court of February 1, 2013, he was taken to registration in Agdam interdistrict psychiatric hospital with the use of compulsory outpatient observation and psychiatric illness against him.
These features are taken under the special control of the leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office, specific instructions are given to investigate the reasons for the attempted suicide.
Related news releases
- 13.07.2018The Ministry of Emergency Situations disseminates information in connection with a strong fire in Agsu
- 12.07.2018Ministry of Emergency Situations: The fire in Agsu is extinguished
- 10.07.201820 injured in South Africa plane crash
- 10.07.2018An unsanctioned protest action prevented in Ganja, two police officers injured
- 10.07.2018Consistent, systematic work underway in Azerbaijan to prevent extremist, radical tendencies: State Security Service
- 08.07.20186.5-magnitude quake hits L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand
- 04.07.2018Ganja EP: Elmar Veliyev's condition is normal
- 04.07.2018The Prosecutor General's Office, MİA and the SSC issue a joint statement on the attack on Elmar Veliyev
- 03.07.2018Ganja Executive Power subjected to an armed attack
- 03.07.2018The evacuation process has been fully implemented in Baku Metro and the subway is equipped with electricity
- 03.07.2018Parviz Shahbazov: "Electricity supply to all strategic facilities has been restored"
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to all facilities of state importance in Baku restored
- 03.07.2018Power to Heydar Aliyev International Airport and Baku Metro has been restored
- 03.07.2018Electricity supply to most districts of Baku restored - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and "Azerenergy" OJSC release joint information on accident at Mingachevir TPS
- 03.07.2018Azerenergy official: "It is planned to provide full energy supply within next hours"
- 03.07.2018Incident in Mingachevir TPS under control of Azerbaijani President
- 03.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: Maintenance is already underway at damaged block
- 03.07.2018MES: Fire extinguished in Mingachevir TPS, electricity supply being restored - UPDATED-1
- 27.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23.06.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 15.06.20183 died, another 3 injured as car crashes into cows in Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2018An armed incident occurs in a penitentiary in Baku
- 06.06.2018Strong earthquake in Zaqatala causes cracks in the walls of a number of houses
- 05.06.2018Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018“Border-Shield” operation launched on Azerbaijani-Russian border
- 03.06.20182 climbers killed after fall from Yosemite’s El Capitan
- 02.06.2018The mudflow destroyed the bridge in Goychay
- 01.06.2018Armed man attacks on apartment, shoots mother and daughter
- 30.05.201814 people injured and 25 cars damaged after bus crash in Dartford
- 29.05.2018Russian Journalist Killed in Kiev - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
- 17.05.2018Group head: "Missing mountaineers have fallen under a powerful avalanche"
- 17.05.2018Bodies of the missing mountaineers were taken to morgue
- 16.05.2018President Aliyev: Great work done to ensure Nakhchivan’s security
- 29.04.2018The fire in a multi-storey building in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 28.04.2018Il-38 plane of Indian Air Force makes emergency landing at Moscow region's airport
- 20.04.2018Earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Fire in a multi-storied residential building under construction in Baku extinguished - UPDATED
- 07.04.2018Helicopter rescues fisherman stuck among crocodiles
- 01.04.20186 killed and 2 injured in head-on collision between passenger car and truck in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine