The General Prosecutor's Office takes the investigation of the suicide attempt of the IDP under special control
The leadership of the General Prosecutor's Office took on special control the investigation of the suicide attempt of the internally displaced person from Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office told APA.
Internally displaced person from the Agdam region Gasimov Mutalib Sary oglu, who lived in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabadi region, on May 1 of this year called the service "102" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and reported the theft of one cattle from pasture. In fact, a criminal case was opened in the investigative department of the Agjabedi district police department. The applicant Gasimov Mutalib informed that he is suspected of the theft of a forced migrant from the Agdam region Huseynov Vilayat Barat oglu, who is currently living in the village of Shahsevan Tezekend of the Agjabedi district. To take testimony in the case, V.Huseynov was invited to the department on May 10 and 27, but the latter evaded the investigation without presenting any reasons. After that on May 30, at about 12.55, he, having poured a combustible mixture before the reception of the Prosecutor General's Office, set fire to his clothes. However, the sucide attempt was prevented as a result of the intervention of police officers, who carried out the protection of the building and public order.
After providing emergency medical care, V.Huseynov was placed in the burn department of hospital №5.
During the investigation it was established that V. Huseynov had not previously applied to the Prosecutor General's Office in connection with the dissatisfaction with the investigation in the above case. It should be noted that V. Huseynov was previously tried for theft and by decision of the Agdam District Court of February 1, 2013, he was taken to registration in Agdam interdistrict psychiatric hospital with the use of compulsory outpatient observation and psychiatric illness against him.
These features are taken under the special control of the leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office, specific instructions are given to investigate the reasons for the attempted suicide.
Related news releases
- 12.01.2018MES "The search of the missing climbers is carried out on a high mountain range with a complex terrain"
- 07.01.2018Dozens Injured in 5.1 Quake in Western Iran
- 06.01.2018Names of injured in bus crash in Baku revealed
- 06.01.2018Magnitude 5.1 quake hits western Iran
- 05.01.2018Foreign experts visit area of search of missing climbers
- 05.01.2018Kamchatka volcano spits up ash 5-7 kilometers high
- 04.01.2018Search for the missing mountaineers continued today - PHOTO - VIDEO
- 31.12.2017The People's Artist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov dies
- 29.12.2017MES: "The search of climbers is conducted in all possible directions"
- 27.12.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations appeals to social network users and media
- 09.12.20174 killed, 4 injured in a traffic accident in Sheki
- 05.12.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 4 in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brazil striker given prison sentence
- 20.11.2017Akif Chovdarov files appeal against verdict
- 19.11.20175.9-magnitude quake hits 73 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- 16.11.20173.5-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Iran earthquake death toll reached 530 people
- 03.11.2017Eldar Mahmudov's assistant arrested
- 02.11.2017The school director accused of sexual assault against schoolgirl in Khacmaz region arresred
- 02.11.2017Escaped convict and one more person killed in special operation in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Municipal candidate of Azerbaijani origin shot in Georgia
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan neutralized 99 criminal groups of 228 persons this year
- 14.10.2017Baku police detain members of gang committing robbery against foreigners
- 06.10.2017Prison term for Gozal Bayramli extended
- 03.10.2017Court rejects Rauf Mirgadirov’s appeal
- 01.10.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Russia's Kamchatka peninsula
- 29.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body brought to Baku
- 27.09.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan’s Shamakhi
- 27.09.2017Seven people killed in car crash in Azerbaijan identified - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan sends helicopter to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 22.09.2017OPEC and non-OPEC countries to discuss oil export monitoring mechanism
- 19.09.20174 women killed, 3 others injured in severe traffic accident in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani minister's son died
- 14.09.2017Alexander Lapshin left Azerbaijan
- 08.09.201726 of 39 poisoned people at the wedding in Tovuz, discharged home - UPDATED - 3
- 07.09.2017Court to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal on Sept.8
- 03.09.2017183 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Khizi region
- 02.09.2017Ministry: The strong wind expands the fire area in Gabala
- 31.08.2017Forest fire in Oguz region spread to the territory of the Shahdag National Park
- 31.08.2017Court refuses to commute Afgan Mukhtarli’s detention to house arrest
- 02.06.2017Powerful mud closes Baku-Shamakhi highway, more than 500 cars remain on the road
- 03.06.2017Well-known lawyer dies in a motorcycle crash in Baku
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry prepares list of debtors banned from leaving country
- 28.05.2017Gregg Allman, of Allman Brothers Band Fame, Dead at 69
- 27.05.2017Conflict between school children in Azerbaijan ended with the death
- 13.05.2017Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine