Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
Violations of the norms of literary language have become a tendency in Azerbaijan, Ali Hasanov, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, said in his closing speech at the conference entitled “The Role of Media in the Preservation and Development of the Azerbaijani Literary Language,” APA reported.
Hasanov said that a productive discussion was held at the conference.
"At the conference our main duties and targets in all spheres were mentioned, and I am absolutely convinced that this is not an issue of the media only. If the issue of purity of the Azerbaijani language is on the agenda, parents and nurses, secondary and higher schools, NGOs and the media all have to do their own part. What procedures does a host go through until he gets there? Everyone must understand that there is a geographical area to keep the Azerbaijani language alive and that is this area. It’s Azerbaijanis living in Azerbaijan and abroad,” the presidential aide said calling on everyone to be responsible for this issue.
“Hosts must have complete mastery of our language and also have charming physical characteristics. It is even better if a host is highly intellectual,” he added.
Hasanov noted that over the past decade TV channels have developed inclination towards artificial ranking and fake surveys.
“In the first place, heads of media outlets and TV channels need to know that they present an example to society. It’s no use inviting to live programmes those who have nothing to offer to Azerbaijani society,” he said.
Hasanov said it is necessary to create academies in television.
"There should be educational programs in Azerbaijani on AzTV and ITV. Nushiravan Maharramli has been frequently raising this issue and conducting monitoring over the last few years, which displeases some. The head of one TV station wrote to the NTRC chairman, asking him to write down what national-moral values are and send it to him. Thankfully, that television channel no longer exists. Arif Rahimzade made a statement in Moscow that the Turkish language and the Azerbaijani language are different. It’s another issue that Azerbaijani belongs to the Turkic languages group. However, Arif Rahimzadeh was criticized on a television channel by a host. Good that neither that host nor that TV channel exists any more,” he added.
Related news releases
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani Press Council appeals to president regarding Mehman Aliyev
- 07.08.2017‘Lent.az’ journalist visits North Korea
- 22.07.2017Ali Hasanov: President had deep impressions of meeting with journalists
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan marks 142nd anniversary of national press
- 20.07.2017President: Number of false, unbiased pieces of information dramatically increased in Azerbaijani media
- 20.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives “Friend of Journalists” award
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Journalists are my assistants
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed