Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
Violations of the norms of literary language have become a tendency in Azerbaijan, Ali Hasanov, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, said in his closing speech at the conference entitled “The Role of Media in the Preservation and Development of the Azerbaijani Literary Language,” APA reported.
Hasanov said that a productive discussion was held at the conference.
"At the conference our main duties and targets in all spheres were mentioned, and I am absolutely convinced that this is not an issue of the media only. If the issue of purity of the Azerbaijani language is on the agenda, parents and nurses, secondary and higher schools, NGOs and the media all have to do their own part. What procedures does a host go through until he gets there? Everyone must understand that there is a geographical area to keep the Azerbaijani language alive and that is this area. It’s Azerbaijanis living in Azerbaijan and abroad,” the presidential aide said calling on everyone to be responsible for this issue.
“Hosts must have complete mastery of our language and also have charming physical characteristics. It is even better if a host is highly intellectual,” he added.
Hasanov noted that over the past decade TV channels have developed inclination towards artificial ranking and fake surveys.
“In the first place, heads of media outlets and TV channels need to know that they present an example to society. It’s no use inviting to live programmes those who have nothing to offer to Azerbaijani society,” he said.
Hasanov said it is necessary to create academies in television.
"There should be educational programs in Azerbaijani on AzTV and ITV. Nushiravan Maharramli has been frequently raising this issue and conducting monitoring over the last few years, which displeases some. The head of one TV station wrote to the NTRC chairman, asking him to write down what national-moral values are and send it to him. Thankfully, that television channel no longer exists. Arif Rahimzade made a statement in Moscow that the Turkish language and the Azerbaijani language are different. It’s another issue that Azerbaijani belongs to the Turkic languages group. However, Arif Rahimzadeh was criticized on a television channel by a host. Good that neither that host nor that TV channel exists any more,” he added.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed