APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirqizi met with Director General of the Foreign Media Department of Iran’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance Mohammad Jafar Safi in Tehran.
The meeting took place on the sidelines of the 23rd International Exhibition of Press and News Agencies that was officially inaugurated in Iran’s capital on Saturday, an APA correspondent reported from Tehran.
Jafar Safi expressed his satisfaction with the APA Holding president’s participation in the exhibition.
He noted that the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance is ready to establish direct relations with the Azerbaijani media.
Recalling that the days of Azerbaijani culture were recently held in Tehran, the director general stressed the importance of organizing such events in the future.
Jafar Safi said that the press plays a great role in bringing closer the relations between the two countries.
“Some countries are trying to create a disagreement between Iran and Azerbaijan, which are the two friendly countries. But Iran sincerely wants to further develop its ties with Azerbaijan,” he said.
Jafar Safi went on to say that he is informed about APA Holding’s plan to sign cooperation agreements with some Iranian media outlets. He expressed hope that these agreements will contribute to further development of relations between APA and the Iranian media.
In turn, APA Holding President Vusala Mahirqizi expressed gratitude for the invitation to the exhibition in Tehran.
“I’m very glad to attend this exhibition in Tehran. This is my first visit to Iran. I hope that such meetings will promote the dissemination of accurate news in the media of both countries,” said Mahirqizi noting that the well-organization of the exhibition and press activity aroused her interest.
The APA Holding president expressed hope that closer relations between the press agencies of Azerbaijan and Iran will in turn boost ties between the two countries.
At the end of the meeting, Jafar Safi briefed the APA Holding president on the static data in the field of publications and press in Iran.
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani newspapers to receive one-time financial assistance
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally