APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
Today, on November 16, the Azeri Press Agency (APA) celebrates its 13th anniversary.
APA Agency (www.apa.az) issues newsletters in Azerbaijani, Russian, English, French, Arabic and Armenian besides online system. The newsletters cover the political, economic, social, cultural and sport life of Azerbaijan, as well as breaking news about the ongoing developments in the region and the world.
Also, the Agency issues business-economic, photo, and analytical editions (twice a month) in all five languages every day. Pursuing unbiased, precise and independent information policy, APA enjoys good cooperation with a great number of the leading media outlets from Turkey, Middle East, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Central Asian and Baltic states, Moldova, some other European countries and the United States, and has concluded agreements on news exchange.
APA’s subscribers and customers include embassies, consulates, diplomatic missions, international representatives, government agencies, ministries, financial institutions, representatives of international financial institutions in Azerbaijan as well as foreign companies, local and foreign business structures. Most of the subscribers are the leading pro-government and opposition press, independent media entities. Most non-governmental agencies, Azerbaijani Diaspora organizations are also among the permanent subscribers.
APA has offices in Turkey, Russia, Georgia, Iran, Central Asia, France and the U.S., as well as in all regions of Azerbaijan. Heads of state and government, ministers, chiefs of the UN agencies give exclusive interviews to APA. The Agency is officially registered at the Council of Europe.
The main goal of APA-Economics is to cover essential economic processes taking place in the country and beyond in an operative and unbiased way. This section gathers the latest news and analyses on industry-energy, agro-industrial complex, finance, information and communication technology, infrastructure, social sphere, etc.
APA-Economics presents unbiased analytic articles and reviews covering numerous spheres of economics. We wouldn’t hesitate to say APA-Economics brought the “ranking culture” to Azerbaijan. Banking, insurance and stock market participant rankings compiled by APA-Economics have always met reader’s interests. What’s interesting is that heads of many banks and insurance companies refer to rankings compiled by APA-Economics.
APA Agency holds the quality management system certificate “ISO 9001:2008” of Global Certification Limited.
The Agency has been functioning under APA Holding LLC since 2012.
Related news releases
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 19.01.2018AZN 3M allocated by Azerbaijani president to be evenly distributed among 5 private TV channels
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M to TV and radio broadcasters
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel