Delegation led by Iranian deputy minister visits APA Holding
A delegation led by Deputy Minister for Press and Information of Iran’s Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance Hossein Entezami visited APA Holding LLC on Tuesday.
APA Holding President Vusala Mahirgizi welcomed the guests and gave them information about the company.
Stressing the importance of close relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Mrs. Mahirgizi hailed media’s significant role in further strengthening of mutual cooperation. She noted that this line is a priority for the company and mentioned that APA opened its bureau in Iran some time ago.
Mahirgizi said APA is in close cooperation with Iran’s concerned bodies, as well as the country’s embassy in Azerbaijan, noting that the company is ready to implement new projects in order to strengthen this cooperation even further. She outlined that establishment of cooperation between the two countries’ media outlets, as well as think tanks, will lead to further rapprochement between the two countries.
“We think that each meeting brings us further closer to each other,” she added.
In his turn, Entezami said he is informed about the activity of APA Agency, stressing that cooperation between media agencies of the two countries will significantly contribute to the common cause.
The deputy minister noted that one of the priorities of the government of President Hassan Rouhani is aimed at the development of ties among media agencies.
“Therefore, the number of foreign media agencies’ offices in Tehran has increased by 40% over the past 4 years”, he said.
Expressing Iran’s interest in expanding relations with Azerbaijan in all fields, Entezami said that all necessary steps are being taken in this regard.
“Iran and Azerbaijan have much in common. We feel like home here. Our cultures and ways of life are very similar. Unbreakable bonds connect our nations. Media can play an important role in further strengthening these relations. Therefore, we can only welcome the close cooperation of APA and other media outlets of Azerbaijan with Iran’s agencies,” he added.
The deputy minister expressed his readiness to consider the proposals voiced during the meeting and take all necessary measures to realize them.
The sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 14.07.2017Groundbreaking ceremony of third building for journalists in Azerbaijan to take place on July 21
- 18.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Third building meant for journalists too will have 255 apartments
- 19.07.2017APA Holding, Code Academy sign agreement on strategic cooperation
- 13.06.2017Vugar Safarli re-appointed executive director of Fund of State Support for Mass Media Development
- 05.06.2017Members appointed at Supervisory Board of Fund of State Support for Development of Mass Media
- 05.06.2017APA Holding unveils redesigned website