Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
APA Holding President Vusala Mahirgizi, who is paying a visit to Iran, has visited an international press exhibition in Tehran.
APA’s Tehran bureau reports that Vusala Mahirgizi was first invited to the pavilion of Iran’s Quran News Agency (IQNA), where she met with the agency’s leadership and held discussions.
Next, Vusala Mahirgizi met with Ali Mottaghian, Director General of ISNA news agency.
"Our expectation from the Iranian media is consistent coverage of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict because this territory is part of the Islamic world. Armenia destroys mosques in the occupied territories and shows disrespect for religious monuments. Due to fear of being shot, civilians are unable to visit the graves of their close ones. We want the Iranian media not to refer to other sources, but to the Azerbaijani media, when publishing news about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she stressed.
Ali Mottaghian said that ISNA is one of the leading agencies.
"I hope that the cooperation agreement between APA and ISNA will enable both sides to exchange news. ISNA, which is the agency with the widest connections in Iran, is a reliable source of information. Our reports are selected from among students who we train first and then start working with. We try to provide our readers with accurate and unbiased news,” he said.
Vusala Mairgizi also visited the pavilion of Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) and gave an interview to Iran’s state television.
- 02.07.2018APA Holding Board of Directors holds meeting
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan NTRC announces date for terrestrial broadcasting of new TV channel
- 27.06.201810th anniversary of "Lent.az" and presentation of book dedicated to 100th anniversary of ADR held in Baku
- 01.06.2018Personnel reforms expected in ITV
- 01.06.2018Balakishi Gasimov elected ITV director general
- 30.05.2018Seven candidates submit documents for post of ITV director general
- 29.05.2018APA TV marks 5th anniversary
- 24.05.2018Russia’s St. Petersburg hosts media summit
- 23.05.2018Georgian media representatives visit APA Holding
- 17.05.2018New appointment at Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 16.05.2018Swiss ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 14.05.2018NTRC: Balakishi Gasimov not elected ITV director general
- 10.05.2018Iranian journalists visit APA Holding
- 08.05.2018Editor-in-chief of Echo newspaper Rauf Talishinsky passes away
- 01.05.2018Presentation held for media project marking centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to rules on sponsorship advertising in media - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Press Council chairman criticizes ombudsperson’s activity
- 20.04.2018Bulgarian diplomats visit APA Holding
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani parliamentary committee discusses amendments to law on public broadcasting
- 16.04.2018APA TV’s YouTube channel hits 150,000 subscribers
- 30.03.2018Rahim Namazov shot in France is not a journalist: Azerbaijani Press Council
- 16.03.2018Vesti.az information agency celebrating 9th anniversary
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: People who fled Azerbaijan insults country’s symbols
- 10.03.2018Aflatun Amashov reelected chairman of Azerbaijani Press Council
- 10.03.2018Vusala Mahirgizi: Online media plays special role in ensuring Azerbaijan’s information and national security
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani journalists must fight those opposing state and its symbols: professor
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijani Press Council’s chairman hails state support for media
- 10.03.2018Charter of Azerbaijani Press Council amended
- 10.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani media should keep national interests above all
- 10.03.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani Journalists kicks off
- 05.03.2018Real TV gets indefinite license for satellite broadcasting
- 05.03.2018APAsport Agency celebrates 11th anniversary
- 05.02.20187th Congress of Azerbaijani journalists to be held on March 10
- 01.02.2018MP Aflatun Amashov proposes changing legal status of Press Council
- 31.01.2018ANAS president: ANS vacating building of Institute of Zoology
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani NTRC orders radio programs be monitored for shortcomings
- 30.01.2018NTRC makes decision on distributing AZN 3M among 5 TV channels
- 30.01.2018Keys to new apartments presented to journalists
- 30.01.2018Ali Hasanov: It’s wrong to compare foreign grants with Azerbaijani president’s support to media
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criticism over lack of press freedom in Azerbaijan ‘groundless’
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies