Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
She made the remarks at a round table held within the framework of the 23rd International Press Festival in Tehran on Oct. 31, an APA correspondent reported from Tehran.
Mahirgizi first gave the participants brief information about APA. She said new and traditional media should cooperate with each other and work together.
"Our company has also been using social networks. Social networks like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube—especially Facebook—are popular in our country. There are more than 2 million Facebook users in our country. For this reason, most agencies are quite active on Facebook," she said.
Mahirgizi went on to speak about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. She noted that this conflict is a crucial issue for the Azerbaijani state and media.
"Twenty percent of Azerbaijan's territories are under Armenian occupation. You Iranians have witnessed war in your own country, and you know what it is like. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to say that the Iranian press can play an active role in conveying the truth about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she said.
The president of APA Holding stated that some Iranian media outlets sometimes disseminate information aimed at justifying Armenia’s aggressive policy.
“We expect the media of Iran and Turkey, the two friendly countries to Azerbaijan, to disseminate authentic information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” she said.
Mahirgizi hailed Iran’s support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
“The Iranian state supports the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and always stands by our country in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. If a correspondent expresses or writes negative opinions about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict or Azerbaijan, so he/she opposes his/her country,” she said, calling on the Iranian media to refer to Azerbaijan’s official sources while disseminating information about Azerbaijan.
“On the other hand, we will focus our attention on news spread by Iran's official news agencies,” she added.
Mahirgizi stressed the importance of direct cooperation among media agencies for obtaining true information. She noted that it concerns not only political news but also cultural, art and economic news.
At the end, the president of APA Holding answered the questions of Iranian journalists.
- 30.12.2017APA launches Telegram bot
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan NTRC announces winner of competition for launch of new TV channel
- 21.12.2017Interfax-Azerbaijan director general dies aged 67
- 19.12.2017President İlham Aliyev signs decree to ensure AZERTAC`s activity
- 19.12.2017Court upholds Turan news agency’s claim against Baku Local Revenues Department
- 30.11.2017APA – main source of information about Azerbaijan for Georgian media
- 23.11.2017Famous Azerbaijani journalist passed away
- 16.11.2017APA now available on Facebook Messenger
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan to impose new fines for violation of rules for dissemination of info on Internet
- 16.11.2017APA Information Agency celebrates 13th anniversary
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan Public Television and Radio Broadcasting Company sends letter to EBU
- 14.11.2017New director general of CBC TV channel appointed
- 14.11.2017NTRC to hold competition for creation of new TV channel
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani Press Council chairman speaks out against glorification of criminals in media
- 02.11.2017OSCE welcomes dropping of criminal charges against Mehman Aliyev and Turan News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president visited IRNA News Agency
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president gives interview to Iran’s Sahar TV channel
- 31.10.2017APA Holding, ISNA Agency sign cooperation agreement
- 31.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi: We expect Iranian media to disseminate authentic information about Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017APA Holding president meets with chairman of Iranian West Azerbaijan Province’s Press House
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iranian Huneronline sign cooperation agreement
- 30.10.2017President of APA Holding addresses media conference in Tehran
- 30.10.2017APA Holding and Iran’s Nasle Farda sign cooperation agreement
- 28.10.2017Vusala Mahirgizi meets with heads of Iranian news agencies
- 28.10.2017APA Holding president meets with director general of Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry’s Foreign Media Department
- 28.10.201723rd Int’l Press Exhibition officially inaugurated in Tehran
- 20.10.2017NTRC grants satellite broadcast license to one TV channel, IP TV broadcast to 10 companies
- 07.10.2017Press Council holds monitoring at rally
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Turkish TV series were resulting in Turkish language outdoing Azerbaijani
- 06.10.2017Ali Hasanov: Thankfully, that TV channel no longer exists
- 30.09.2017No restrictions on activity of Turan news agency: prosecutor general
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president: Programmes are being reviewed
- 26.09.2017ATV channel president dismissed
- 21.09.2017Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 19.09.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: No restrictive measures against Turan Information Agency
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani Ministry of Taxes re-imposes tax sanction on Turan news agency
- 16.09.2017Ministry of Taxes lifts tax sanction against Turan agency
- 13.09.2017Eastern Partnership Media Conference kicks off in Kyiv
- 11.09.2017OSCE welcomes release of Mehman Aliyev
- 11.09.2017Press Council: Mehman Aliyev’s release another example of Azerbaijani president’s sensitive attitude towards media
- 22.07.2016Top official: Local media outlets play important role in conveying Azerbaijan’s just cause to world community
- 28.07.2016Indonesian ambassador to Azerbaijan visits APA Holding
- 29.07.2016Court revokes license of Azerbaijan’s ANS media company
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani president grants financial assistance to local newspapers
- 21.07.2016No TV channels recently closed down in Turkey in list of Azerbaijan’s cable television operators
- 20.07.2016Zaman Azerbaijan newspaper shut down