Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
An event was held on Monday to mark the 10th anniversary of the Academy of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES).
The event participants and guests laid a wreath at the statue to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy.
After viewing the stands reflecting the academy building and its history, there was a solemn march with the participation of graduates and cadets.
The event started off as the national anthem was played.
Chief of the MES Academy Panah Suleymanov delivered a report titled "10 Years of Our Academy.”
Suleymanov said that over the last 10 years students have done 592 bachelor’s degrees and 7 master’s degrees in the MES Academy.
Currently, 391 students are doing bachelor’s degree and 26 are doing master's, he added.
"I hope that in the future an international education and training center will be established at the Academy,” Suleymanov said.
Cadet Ulvi Shakizade said they are determined to live up to the expectations.
Later on, guests were given the floor to deliver their congratulations in their speeches.
Head of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) Regional Office for Europe Paola Albrito said the UN is working to ensure people live in a safer world.
“We must work to prevent natural disasters. A national strategy will be developed to prevent risks of disaster in Azerbaijan. This is very important. Next year we will hold an international event in Geneva. The event will focus on the experience of different countries, including Azerbaijan, in disaster risk reduction. Once again, I congratulate the MES Academy. You are doing substantial work in the field of education,” she added.
Secretary General of the International Civil Defense Organization Vladimir Kuvshinov said the MES Academy is convinced that it has trained skilled personnel in the field of civil defense. "I wish success to the MES Academy in education,” he added.
Later on, First Deputy Minister of Emergencies of Belarus Alexander Khudaleyev and Chief of Civil Defense Academy of the Russian Ministry of Emergencies Victor Panchenkov extended their wishes and congratulations.
Deputy Minister of Education Firudin Gurbanov read out the congratulatory message by Education Minister Jeyhun Bayramov.
Bayramov noted in the letter that necessary conditions have been created at the Ministry of Emergency Situations in order to train highly qualified personnel.
Addressing the event, Minister Heydarov congratulated the academy staff and expressed gratitude to the guests.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev had made a significant contribution to the development of science and education in Azerbaijan. Today, President Ilham Aliyev is successfully continuing this policy. The orders and decrees signed by President Ilham Aliyev over the past 15 years were an important step towards brining Azerbaijan’s education system to European standards,” the minister said.
Heydarov also hailed First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva’s important role in the development of education in the country.
Emphasizing the importance of human capital in the development of society, the minister said that on 2 June 2008, President Ilham Aliyev, taking into account the need for special educated personnel, signed an order on the establishment of an Academy of the Emergency Situations Ministry.
“The Academy has fully been formed over the past 10 years. President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated the Academy building in December 2013 and assigned certain tasks to the academy staff,” said Heydarov.
He expressed confidence that the Academy will continue to successfully fulfill the tasks assigned by the President and the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
“The head of state, first of all, set the ministry the task of ensuring safety of citizens and creating the necessary conditions for them to work and rest. Military engineers being trained in the Academy aim to achieve practical and scientific success. I want to assure our president that graduates of this higher educational institution will make an important contribution to the prevention of risks and disasters in the country,” Minister Heydarov added.
Then a documentary about the Academy was displayed.
In addition, the decrees signed by Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to award the academy staff were announced.
In the end, the event participants addressed President Ilham Aliyev.
The appeal says that Ilham Aliyev, as a worthy successor of Heydar Aliyev, continues to work tirelessly to ensure the security of the country’s population.
“The establishment of the Academy 3 years after the creation of the Ministry of Emergency Situations is a manifestation of this attention. Today graduates of the Academy successfully work in the ministry thanks to the work done. All this has been achieved thanks to the attention and care of President Ilham Aliyev. Mr. President, thanks your activity, Azerbaijan has now become one of the dynamically developing countries of the world. We assure you that we will continue our activity in training new personnel,” the appeal reads.
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijan to mark Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th birth anniversary
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards healthcare workers
- 23.06.2018Akif Alizade approved as ANAS president
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition