Azerbaijan advances in 2018 Best Countries Report
Azerbaijan is the No. 64 country according to the 2018 Best Countries Report, a rankings and analysis project by U.S. News & World Report, APA reports.
Compared to the 2017 best countries report that put Azerbaijan on 69th place, Azerbaijan advanced in this year’s list.
Switzerland held its position as the No. 1 country in the world, according to the 2018 best countries report.
Switzerland is followed by No. 2 Canada, No. 3 Germany, No. 4 the United Kingdom and No. 5 Japan.
The U.S. falls one spot to No. 8, after No. 6 Sweden and No. 7 Australia.
Turkey, like last year, is listed as No. 36 country according to the report.
From the post-Soviet countries – Russia is the No. 26 country while Latvia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus are listed as No. 59, 69, 70 and 72 countries, respectively.
Other post-Soviet states, including Georgia and Armenia, are not included in the list of 80 countries.
Related news releases
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC reveals results of admission examination to Collegium of Advocates
- 08.02.2018Tbilisi court sentences Azerbaijani doctor to 6 years in prison
- 08.02.2018Presentation of Expo 2025 Baku held at UN Headquarters
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan sees increase in number of donors, amounts of donated blood
- 07.02.2018Armenians continue to destroy flora and fauna in occupied Azerbaijani lands – deputy minister
- 06.02.2018Quotas to be allocated for Azerbaijani students to study at Tajik universities
- 06.02.2018‘Arenda’ and ‘Toybəy’ among the most bizarre names chosen by parents for children
- 06.02.2018Baku awaits foggy weather
- 05.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of international and foreign trade unions - UPDATED
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: 265,000 people provided with apartments at state expense in Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Trade unions should focus on protecting workers' rights
- 03.02.2018Nakhchivan declared Youth Capital of 2018
- 23.01.2018Azerbaijan considers amending law on citizenship
- 23.01.2018Prosecutor seeks 4-year prison sentence for Gozal Bayramli - UPDATED
- 24.01.2018Lunar eclipse expected on January 31
- 23.01.2018UN Office, Israeli Embassy jointly organize ‘Holocaust Week’ in Azerbaijan
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan restricts right of 14,000 debtors to leave the country
- 22.01.2018Landslides causing cracks on walls of houses in Azerbaijan’s Shamakh