Azerbaijan’s State Exam Center uncovers up to 45,000 counterfeit test preparation books
The Ganja Customs Department of Azerbaijan's State Customs Commitee has prevented the illegal import of 45,000 test preparation books on subjects copyrighted by “Abituriyent” magazine. The materials had been delivered to Caspi LTD on contract with Hazar Ihracat Ithalat, the State Examination Center told APA.
Caspi LTD has no contract with the State Examination Center for the import of these books, the center said.
These materials were seized by the Ganja customs department of the State Customs Committee and the State Examination Center was informed about it.
An administrative case has been initiated under Articles 448 and 482.3 of the Code of Administrative Offences against Caspi LTD for the import of test preparation and other materials from Turkey.
Samples taken from the books were sent to the Forensic Examination Center of the Justice Ministry. Based on the opinion of the Forensic Examination Center, the submitted materials were identified as pirated and counterfeit products, and the case materials were sent to the Kapaz district court for consideration.
It was noted that a large number of discrepancies with original copies has been revealed during the comparison of illegal (pirated) copies.
“The State Examination Center appealed to the Baku Administrative Economic Court No.1 for the adoption of a resolution on payment of damages caused by the importation and sale by Caspi LTD of pirated copies of books copyrighted by "Abiturient" magazine. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 28,” the center added.
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan may create vacancy bank for unemployed
- 05.04.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens imprisoned in Georgia revealed
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 04.04.2018Construction of houses in Bayil landslide zone prohibited, deputy PM says
- 04.04.2018Residents of six collapsed houses in Bayil landslide zone to receive compensation within 10 days
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijani gov’t plans to relocate 97 families from landslide zone in Baku
- 04.04.2018Deputy PM explains reason behind removal of flagpole in Baku Flag Square
- 04.04.2018Conference held in Baku over completion of EU-fund twinning project
- 03.04.2018Salaries of 150,000 school teachers doubled in Azerbaijan since 2014
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold another mock exam for university admission
- 03.04.2018KOICA Azerbaijan Office announces new country director appointment
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, State Security Service detain illegal migrants
- 31.03.2018Scientific conference dedicated to centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Guba
- 31.03.2018March held in Guba to mark centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Ministry: Amount of dust in air reaches norm in Baku
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Wind expected to intensify in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first mock exam for university admission
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Gazakh district central hospital
- 27.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Over 600 medical facilities built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years
- 27.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN6.1 million to Moral Values Promotion Fund
- 28.03.2018Russian embassy in Azerbaijan opens book of condolence for Kemerovo mall fire victims
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan toughening responsibility with regard to compulsory medical insurance
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijani student named in Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- 26.03.2018Historical hamam opens in Guba after restoration