Azerbaijan’s State Exam Center uncovers up to 45,000 counterfeit test preparation books
The Ganja Customs Department of Azerbaijan's State Customs Commitee has prevented the illegal import of 45,000 test preparation books on subjects copyrighted by “Abituriyent” magazine. The materials had been delivered to Caspi LTD on contract with Hazar Ihracat Ithalat, the State Examination Center told APA.
Caspi LTD has no contract with the State Examination Center for the import of these books, the center said.
These materials were seized by the Ganja customs department of the State Customs Committee and the State Examination Center was informed about it.
An administrative case has been initiated under Articles 448 and 482.3 of the Code of Administrative Offences against Caspi LTD for the import of test preparation and other materials from Turkey.
Samples taken from the books were sent to the Forensic Examination Center of the Justice Ministry. Based on the opinion of the Forensic Examination Center, the submitted materials were identified as pirated and counterfeit products, and the case materials were sent to the Kapaz district court for consideration.
It was noted that a large number of discrepancies with original copies has been revealed during the comparison of illegal (pirated) copies.
“The State Examination Center appealed to the Baku Administrative Economic Court No.1 for the adoption of a resolution on payment of damages caused by the importation and sale by Caspi LTD of pirated copies of books copyrighted by "Abiturient" magazine. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 28,” the center added.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 27.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Over 600 medical facilities built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years
- 27.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN6.1 million to Moral Values Promotion Fund
- 28.03.2018Russian embassy in Azerbaijan opens book of condolence for Kemerovo mall fire victims
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan toughening responsibility with regard to compulsory medical insurance
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijani student named in Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- 26.03.2018Historical hamam opens in Guba after restoration