Azerbaijani deputy PM instructs executive authorities to pay serious attention to IDPs’ problems
Under the instructions of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva, 900 IDP families were relocated from buildings in disrepair to new apartments in 2017, said Ali Hasanov, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the State Committee for Refugees and IDPs.
He made the remarks on Wednesday at a State Committee meeting dedicated to the outcomes of 2017 and the forthcoming tasks, APA reports.
Hasanov pointed out that some 2,300 families or more than 12,000 IDPs were provided with new houses and apartments in 2017, while at least 20,000 IDPs will be relocated to new houses and apartments this year.
He noted that so far, 97 modern settlements and residential complexes with a total area of 3.2 million square meters have been built for refugees and IDPs.
“The living conditions of 53,000 families or 265,000 refugees and IDPs have been improved,” said Hasanov, adding that the issue of solving the problems of refugees and IDPs remains a priority for First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva.
Hasanov also expressed confidence that the problems of IDPs living in buildings in disrepair in Baku and Sumgayit will soon be resolved on Mehriban Aliyeva’s initiative.
“As the Azerbaijani president and first vice-president mentioned, first of all, 4,000 IDP families living in the most difficult conditions will be relocated. This process will be solved step by step,” he added.
In the end, Hasanov instructed heads of district executive authorities of the occupied districts to pay serious attention to IDPs’ problems and to render them necessary assistance.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 01.02.2018Female general of Azerbaijan’s liquidated national security ministry asks for acquittal
- 01.02.2018Above 150,000 teachers work in Azerbaijan’s secondary schools
- 02.02.2018Salaries defined in state vocational education institutions where conducted teachers' diagnostic assessment
- 31.01.2018U.S. Embassy empowers IDP youth in Azerbaijan’s regions
- 31.01.2018Competitions announced for 2018 ANAS awards
- 31.01.2018First lunar eclipse of 2018 takes place