Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law restricting scope of legal representatives’ activities
The Azerbaijani Parliament on Tuesday discussed draft amendments proposed to be made to the Code of Civil Procedure, the Administrative Procedure Code, as well as the Law “On advocates and advocacy”.
The same amendment to all the three documents is aimed at restricting activities of the institution of legal representation in courts, APA reported.
Ali Huseynli, chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy and State Building, said the purpose is to make court work more efficient, noting that individuals’ participation as legal representatives have been abolished in light of European experience.
The revised document allows a close relative of an individual to participate in trials as a legal representative. In this regard, amendments are made to Article 69.1-1 which was proposed as an annex to the Code of Civil Procedure.
Another amendment is that articles 1.4 and 1.6 of the Law “On advocates and advocacy” do not apply to people who appear as representatives in court until the case is settled by relevant instance courts.
The amendments will take effect on 1 December 2017.
It is noteworthy that the Chairman of the Supreme Court on October 6 proposed making amendments to be made to the Law “On advocates and advocacy”, as well as to the Code of Civil Procedure and the Administrative Procedure Code. The draft amendments ban the participation of representatives in civil and administrative hearings. Only members of the Bar Association will be allowed to take part in trials.
The draft amendment was put to the vote and approved.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 29.12.2017January weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan makes structural changes to Economy Ministry
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon several people on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 28.12.2017Relocation from Sovetsky to continue in January 2018
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan detains Indian citizens accused of aiding illegal migration
- 27.12.2017Street in Tbilisi named after prominent Azerbaijani Rashid Behbudov
- 27.12.2017Tbilisi streets named after prominent Azerbaijanis: Many of these names exist on map only
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security on holidays
- 26.12.2017Patriarch Kirill presents high order of Russian Orthodox Church to Mehriban Aliyeva
- 26.12.2017Ali Hasanov: 11,000 IDP families live in 117 buildings in disrepair in Baku - INTERVIEW
- 26.12.2017Poverty rate in Azerbaijan to drop to zero by 2020 – deputy PM
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani people’s artist Rafig Huseynov to be buried in 2nd Alley of Honor in Baku
- 01.11.2017Definitive biography of Heydar Aliyev launched in UK Parliament
- 01.11.2017Preliminary investigation into case of Afghan Mukhtarli and Gozal Bayramli concluded
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm