Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
An initiative group of Azerbaijani teachers have issued a statement regarding the presidential election to take place in the country on April 11.
The statement says that national education policy has improved remarkably during President Ilham Aliyev’s reign, with crucial steps taken towards integration into international educational system.
“During these years, a number of state programs have been adopted for the development of education, which resulted in improved quality of education at all levels, significant achievements have been made in expanding educational opportunities for children and young people, applying modern management models, strengthening the capacity and competence of staff potential, pedagogy of general education facilities, providing education for children with disabilities, providing guidance to staff, evaluating and stimulating teaching activities, updating educational resources, modernizing material and technical base, providing education with modern information and communication technologies,” reads the statement.
The statement also praises progress achieved in the field of infrastructure renewal of general education institutions over the past 14 years.
“Over the past fourteen years, 3,104 new schools have been built or overhauled. The establishment of modular schools has been started in order to renew school buildings with small contingent of students even in the country’s remote villages. In 2017, 106 such types of schools were built, 137 of them are expected to be launched in the current year,” the statement says.
The statement further says that despite unstable financial situation in many countries, the salaries of more than 140,000 teachers working in Azerbaijan’s general education schools have been double as a result of fundamental reforms carried out in Azerbaijan in the area of promotion teachers’ labor in last years.
“As a result of successful educational policy pursued under the leadership of the head of state, the reputation of teachers has been significantly increased in the society.
This is a reality that Azerbaijani teachers have always been supporters of the president’s policy. This is our principled position and this will always remain so, because when Ilham Aliyev was elected as a president for the first time, he promised “to be the president of each citizen”, and he proved it in practice. Dear compatriots, by voting for Ilham Aliyev, a worthy successor to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s political course, in the forthcoming election, you will vote for the future of independent Azerbaijan, distinct fate of our national education, guarantee of our independence, and tranquility in our country!” the statement reads.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 04.05.2018Results of final exams held for 9th form pupils on March 18 publicized
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani carpet weavers
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly renovated road
- 04.05.2018Over 3,000 hectares of forest in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh, Goranboy districts under Armenian occupation – ministry
- 03.05.2018Sculptor Tokay Mammadov laid to rest in 2nd Alley of Honor - UPDATED
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament’s health committee proposes prohibiting advertising of drugs
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams