Baku city prosecutor: Crime rates have increased in capital
In 2012, 68 robberies took place in Baku. 8 of them remain closed, Baku city prosecutor Ilgar Abbasov announced at the board meeting on the annual results at the Prosecutor's Office.
According to Abbasov, the number of crimes increased by 182 facts to become 12,122 in the reporting period, compared to 11,940 in 2016. The percentage of their opening increased by 4.1% to 80%, the number of grave or particularly grave crimes decreased by 120 facts or by 3.4% to reach 1890.
Compared to 2016, the number of murders reduced by 3 facts to become 59. All of the murders—except for one—as well as murders committed under unknown circumstances and 38 murder attempts were disclosed.
203 traffic accidents were recorded and 1 of them remained closed.
It was noted that 563 out of 1,047 cases investigated by city prosecuting bodies and 5,003 of 14,432 criminal cases investigated by internal affairs bodies' investigative departments were completed.
During the reporting period, as a result of crimes committed, at the Prosecutor's Office, including on cases carried out by the City Prosecutor's Office Investigation Department, 18.1% (i.e. 443,000 manat) of 2,437,000 manats material damage made to individuals and legal entities and 85.7% (i.e. 25 million 880,000 manat) of the 30,194,000 manats material damage on cases carried out by police were paid off.
During the meeting, alongside positive results achieved during the reporting period, shortcomings were also noted.
Carrying out intensive investigative and operational-search measures to bring guilty people to justice, the importance of the compensation of damage made, as a result of crime, was emphasized. Detected shortcomings, law violations and procrastination facts were investigated with specific examples and were required to be eliminated.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC reveals results of admission examination to Collegium of Advocates
- 08.02.2018Tbilisi court sentences Azerbaijani doctor to 6 years in prison
- 08.02.2018Presentation of Expo 2025 Baku held at UN Headquarters
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan sees increase in number of donors, amounts of donated blood
- 07.02.2018Armenians continue to destroy flora and fauna in occupied Azerbaijani lands – deputy minister
- 06.02.2018Quotas to be allocated for Azerbaijani students to study at Tajik universities
- 06.02.2018‘Arenda’ and ‘Toybəy’ among the most bizarre names chosen by parents for children
- 06.02.2018Baku awaits foggy weather
- 05.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of international and foreign trade unions - UPDATED
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: 265,000 people provided with apartments at state expense in Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Trade unions should focus on protecting workers' rights
- 03.02.2018Nakhchivan declared Youth Capital of 2018
- 02.02.2018Event dedicated to Youth Day held in Buta Palace
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president issues order on conferring President’s Award for Youth in 2018
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.87M for construction of modular-type schools in northern region
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijan to prepare individual rehabilitation program for the disabled
- 25.01.2018Citizens living near landslide area housed in temporary shelters - UPDATED
- 25.01.2018Latvia announces new scholarship program for Azerbaijani citizens
- 24.01.2018Cabinet of Ministers control landslide area around Baku TV Tower
- 24.01.2018Lunar eclipse expected on January 31
- 23.01.2018Prosecutor seeks 4-year prison sentence for Gozal Bayramli - UPDATED