Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
The examination of the landslide area on the Bayil slope continues, the prime minister is being provided with constantly updated information on the situation, and necessary measures are being taken, the spokesman for the Cabinet of Ministers, Akif Ali, told APA.
He said that the decision to be made by the Cabinet of Ministers will be in keeping with residents’ interest and will be executed in a way that satisfies the population.
"What is happening on the Bayil slope is a natural disaster, natural phenomenon. At present, the territory is under government control and necessary steps are being taken. However, the slide continues on the Bayil slope. Therefore, it is not possible to predict how many houses in that area are in danger and how many residents will have to be relocated. The Cabinet of Ministers will make an appropriate decision after the exact scope of the process is determined, proposals are given by concerned authorities, and the situation becomes clear. The population should not worry,” the spokesman said.
According to the spokesman, the main thing is that the landslide process should stop, and the research should be complete.
“The prime minister is being provided with constantly updated information on the situation, and necessary measures are being taken. Therefore the population shouldn’t worry. Each decision of the Cabinet of Ministers will be in line with the interests of the population both in the direction of security and placement as well as the proper provision of future living conditions,” he added.
The landslide zone is located 200-250 meters southeast of the TV tower. Four houses were completely and one was partially destroyed after a landslide hit Bayil slope on February 10. In the landslide zone cracks 30 meters in length and 12 meters in depth formed.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved