Caspian 2017 int’l complex exercise underway in Baku
An international complex exercise “Caspian 2017” of the rescue services of Caspian littoral states is underway in Shipyard Plant in Garadagh district, Baku.
The two-day exercise involves the manpower and vehicles of the MES, the relevant bodies of Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan.
Besides, the personnel and special equipment and devices of Azerbaijan’s power structures and other bodies, including the Special State Protection Service, State Security Service, State Border Service, the Ministries of Defense, Internal Affairs and Health, State Maritime Administration, ANAMA, SOCAR and BP are involved in the exercise as well.
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, Head of the State Border Service, Colonel General Elchin Guliyev, Head of the Azerbaijani State Security Service, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev, Iran's Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Head of Iranian Disaster Management Organization Ismail Najjar, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters Vladlen Aksyonov, Chairman of the Committee for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Marat Kuldikov, Chief of Rescue Department of the Ministry of Defense of Turkmenistan Panah Ilyasov, diplomatic representatives of foreign states in Azerbaijan, officers of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces and officials of relevant agencies watched the exercise titled “Joint activity of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations and rescue services of Caspian littoral states during emergency situations”.
First, equipment and devices of the bodies involved in the exercise were reviewed.
Then a consultation was held at the headquarters.
Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov said that for the first time Baku is hosting the "Caspian 2017" international exercise with the participation of Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
"This exercise with the participation of the Caspian littoral countries' rescue services is an important event. Today, a new format of cooperation is emerging between the five countries. Our peoples, who have been neighbors for centuries, are united by common geography and history,” he said.
The minister said that Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. “In recent years, these ties have reached the level of strategic partnership,” he noted.
“Natural and man-made risks have been growing in the region we live in. We know that earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and similar natural disasters do not result directly from human activities. Climate change has already resulted in serious consequences in different countries, and it is only becoming more and more dangerous as times goes by. The Caspian Sea, by which we are united, is our common property. We regard the Caspian Sea as the sea of peace, friendship and cooperation. Azerbaijan is focused on developing bilateral relations with the Caspian littoral states on the basis of mutual respect and trust. Close friendly relations and multi-vectored cooperation between these countries ensure stability, prosperity and security in our region. Therefore, protection of the Caspian Sea ecosystem is a common cause for all Caspian littoral states,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant-General Etibar Mirzayev, who is managing the exercise, said that 1,100 personnel, 208 vehicles of varying purposes, 2 planes, 5 helicopters, 10 speed boats, 8 ships and 6 specially trained dogs are involved in the exercise.
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 29.12.2017January weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan makes structural changes to Economy Ministry
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon several people on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 28.12.2017Relocation from Sovetsky to continue in January 2018
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan detains Indian citizens accused of aiding illegal migration
- 27.12.2017Street in Tbilisi named after prominent Azerbaijani Rashid Behbudov
- 27.12.2017Tbilisi streets named after prominent Azerbaijanis: Many of these names exist on map only
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani police to tighten security on holidays
- 26.12.2017Patriarch Kirill presents high order of Russian Orthodox Church to Mehriban Aliyeva
- 26.12.2017Ali Hasanov: 11,000 IDP families live in 117 buildings in disrepair in Baku - INTERVIEW
- 26.12.2017Poverty rate in Azerbaijan to drop to zero by 2020 – deputy PM
- 03.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: No human causalities recorded during disasters since MES creation
- 03.11.2017Baku City Main Police Department warns Musavat Party
- 03.11.2017Baku-hosted Caspian 2017 int’l exercise wraps up
- 03.11.2017“Dərs Evi” Educational Centre launches international test preparation courses
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan State Economic University’s self-government status abolished
- 02.11.2017Employees of Sumgayit State University awarded Taraggi Medal