Citizens living near landslide area housed in temporary shelters - UPDATED
Citizens residing within range of the landslide area near the Baku TV tower have been housed in temporary shelters, the Sabail district executive authority told APA.
Residents who have nowhere to stay overnight have been housed in temporary accommodation facilities within organizations and institutions of the district. They are provided with food and water. At the moment, the territory is under police control. Representatives of relevant government agencies visited the territory and examined the landslide area. Considering the seriousness of the situation, a headquarters has been created at the Sabail district Executive Power to ensure safety of the citizens.
After the meeting of the headquarters, representatives of the Sabail District Executive Power and the Police Department met with residents in the area.
The landslide zone is located 200-250 meters southeast of the TV tower. The cause of the landslide was atmospheric precipitation and vertical cutting of the slope during the construction work. The width of the cracks in the landslide zone reaches 1 meter, the depth is 7 meters
Citizens residing within range of the landslide area near the Baku TV tower are being relocated, the Sabail district executive authority told APA.
Those with nowhere else to spend the night have been housed in temporarily in buildings belonging to different organizations and enterprises. The area is being policed.
Concerned officials have visited the area. In consideration of the seriousness of the situation, a headquarters has been created at the Sabail district executive authority to ensure safety of the citizens. The area is being controlled on a constant basis. The Cabinet of Ministers is dealing with the crisis.
The landslide area is located just 200 to 250 meters southeast of the TV tower. Experts say the current activity in the area has been caused by rainfall and a vertical cutting of the slope during construction. Cracks 1 meter width and 7 meters in depth have emerged.
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 25.01.2018Latvia announces new scholarship program for Azerbaijani citizens
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC soon to submit new exam model to Cabinet of Ministers
- 25.01.2018All residential and non-residential buildings in Azerbaijan to be redesigned for disabled people
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijan to prepare individual rehabilitation program for the disabled
- 24.01.2018Baku city prosecutor: Crime rates have increased in capital
- 24.01.2018Cabinet of Ministers control landslide area around Baku TV Tower