Ministry: Amount of dust in air above norm in Baku - UPDATED - 1
The amount of dust in the air exceeded the sanitary norm by 32 percent as of March 29 at 15:00 PM (UTC +4) in Baku and the Absheron Peninsula, according to the monitoring conducted by the National Monitoring Department on Environment, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources told APA.
In Baku and the Absheron Peninsula, the amount of dust in the air exceeded the sanitary norm by 25 percent as of March 29 at 12:00 PM (UTC +4), according to the monitoring conducted by the National Monitoring Department on Environment, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources told APA.
The monitoring conducted by the National Monitoring Department on Environment shows that the amount of dust in the air on the country’s territory will exceed the sanitary norm on March 29-30, the Azerbaijani Ecology and Natural Resources Ministry told APA.
The movement of dust is coming from the Arabian Peninsula, the ministry said.
The National Monitoring Department on Environment will conduct atmospheric monitor every three hours as dust-laden air blanked Baku and the Absheron Peninsula.
According to the monitoring results, on March 29 at 9:00 AM (UTC +4), the amount of dust in the air was over the sanitary norm by 20 percent in Baku and the Absheron Peninsula.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th birth anniversary of academician Ahad Yagubov
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Gazakh district central hospital
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first mock exam for university admission
- 29.03.2018Int’l scientific conference on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis kicks off in Baku
- 29.03.2018Admission to Azerbaijan Institute of Theology in 2018 depends on resolving issue of premises
- 29.03.2018No conflict between Azerbaijanis and Armenians living in Baku, says PA rep.